Turbo Dodge Forums banner

my sundance thread finally

9K views 62 replies 9 participants last post by  Turbomini 
#1 ·
i've been way to lazy to go and make a thread for this car and i will finally well i started with a stock 89 sundnace rs with a auto and working A/C lol and i replace a few trans untill i just rebuilt one to be pretty much bullet proof, then i got trans in the car and the car went lean and burnt a piston, so i got a rebuilt motor off my buddy, well i got it installed and it has REALLY bad piston slap, so i am driving it untill the thing blows up lol, 2500 miles since installed and its running good, well here are some pictures of the misc things i have done here and there.

while pulling the motor,

the first track day lol

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
the bar i made theres before welding and mock up, then during welding, and before paint but sanded and ready, and then theres painted the ONLY COLOR I HAVE lol and this was 3 am so i wasnt driving to store, lol and theres installed and it makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Attachments

#14 ·
Hey you can't be so negative. ON the piston slap issue. I have had motors that piston slapped like crazy and still ran like champs. Litterally the one in my red lebaron was so bad it sounded like a damned rod knock. Sucker lasted 45k before throwing a headgasket. I would throw a headgasket on it and still drive it and I bet it would last another 45k. No probs. Looks good man. Glad to see you are still working on it.
Keep up the good work. One day you will have a show car. Just one thing at a time!

#20 ·
ok i was driving it today and thought about it and i havent changed the plugs since 07 lol so i started taking them out and i saw why i havent changed them in that time, the head has 2 spark plugs have heli coils in them soo i just threaded them back in and left it at that! i am going to swap heads soon becuse its a 455 i think,

#24 ·
yea the heads getting swapped out for a 782 thats mild ported with worked chambers so its more flow efficent in hope it gets better gas milage

lol i figured someone was looking becuse the thread counter was going up. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.