Turbo Dodge Forums banner

my 85 shelby charger build thread,

31K views 310 replies 11 participants last post by  Turbomini 
#1 ·
ok here we go i am finnaly getting around to this lol,

here is what i have been working on, a 85 shelby charger that i bought for a project, i am stripping my 87 charger becuse its rusty as heck so i got this one thats CLEAN!!! i have more pictures of the motor going in, i will post as i go

also i have the motor in the car and i am machining a adapter on the lath! lol yay me!:thumb:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: my shelby charger build thread,

oh i guess i should of posted huh haha i am running a rebuilt t1 garret and had the stock elbow and it was restrictive, :D

#9 ·

ok got more done today i got the turbo adapter made and finished and bolted on, so far it looks good and should work good, and i also got the dash out and swapped for a good one out of my parts car that is slowly dying lol, but its a good harness as the one in the car had some wires cut and i wasnt dealing with that,

Attachments

#12 ·

also if anyone needs misc parts off a 87 charger i am parting mine out, it doesnt have motor or body wirring but i do have nice rust free fenders, and doors, off this car,

#14 ·

i havent really thought that far in advanced lol, i was just gonna get it running then fix the rear quarters then worrie about that, but i am thinking about black with a blue strip or just all black and call it good lol

#16 ·

ah i just go with the flow lol if i go into planing to much i will forget things. i just go with what happens, i know now i have to figure out the shifter and dash wiring to see if its the same between the 85 and my 87 parts car,

#18 ·

its a long storie but i made a throttle body that uses the 87 style iac and tps for the older wirring with the newer intake, i will post pictuers in a few,

#22 ·

ok i am having issue's with the wiring in the car going to the 87 dash, so tomarrow(16th) i will be swapping the hole cars wirring and misc things over to the car from my 87 i have. its going smooth so far there is a few issue's but nothing to big, just very few of the dash wiring plugs match the body harness for the tail lights lol

#26 ·

thats becuse i'm awesome john.and also i am having a issue with the heater controls! i'll post pictures later if i remember lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.