Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Shelby Spolier

913 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dr. Johny Dodge 
#1 ·
On the rear spoiler on a Shelby Charger, should there be any water drain holes at the bottom? The back end of mine was sitting out of the carport and after a rain I opened the hatch and seems like the spoiler was full of water and it ran back out all over the place.

#2 ·
nope
what you see is what you get

you would love backing up a t top daytona out of a driveway with a culvert hump at the end

back end raises , t top tilts
water on top runs to the front where it finds the gap in the trim at the front outer corner
then dribbles onto the mirror/lock switch plate and your arm...

#3 ·
Yes, there are several plastic caps directly below the spoiler bolt locations on the hatch.
You can remove these and keep them off if the cars going to sit for a while in a rainy season.
Otherwise, remove excess water from the spoiler first, then slowly raise the hatch a little at a time.
Do this until all the water drains out.

#4 ·
remove spoiler

wash everything - it's gonna be filthy under there

apply tape to bottom run of rubber window seal - right to bottom edge

apply silicone to spoiler mounts and all the way along the front edge

reinstall wipe excess silicone at front of spoiler and remove tape

I would suspect that if you're getting a large mass of water from in under the spoiler there probably a "dam" of 30 years accumulation of dirt and filth that prevents anything from draining .. not that there's any real provision for that - the top "spoon" like depression of the spoilers ALWAYS fill with standing water that can't drain away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.