Frustrated - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Vendor and Seller Feedback Have something you want to say, good or bad, Post it here

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

1/4: 0.000

Question Frustrated

Does Having to wait for almost TWO months for a turbo seem like a long Time to anyone? Would you try and get a refund to order from somebody else? I know we have special needs and only a few vendors but 2 mos? Watching for some replys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-15-2013, 07:01 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

My Ride: 92,93 R/T, 89 CS 87
Engine: 2.2 turbo TIII

Re: Frustrated

I think that's a long time to wait if its something simple like a off the shelf stock replacement. But if you are looking for something a little more rare, like say a vnt turbo, and wanting other upgrades done to it I could see that taking time to find and get things completed, especially if the vendor isn't the one doing the work to said turbo and the one who's doing the work isn't local to them.
Depending on circumstances I could see myself being frustrated
post #3 of 12 Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

It's off the shelf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

So what would you do? Hate to ask?
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 87 Shelby Charger

I myself would go somewhere else for the part
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

Thanks!
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 87 Shelby Charger

ya , I have a simular issue with a part I bought for my computer - 2 months ago

checking on their website it says "in que to ship"

don't answer the phone or respond to e mail - so next I call visa and deal with it that way as it's been paid for
post #8 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 08:54 PM
CHAMPION OF THE LOG

My Ride: 85 shelby charger
Engine: 2.2l sohc bored.20
Induct: Turbo + Nitrous
1/4: 12.550

what kind of turbo are you looking to get? why not call gpopshop and have then build you one, it will take about 2 weeks i would think.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Hybrid Booster

Induct: Turbo

I hear yea bud. Last three turbos I bought I waited 9 months for one, 5 months for another, and 2-3 months for the most recent one. All from same vendor. In my experience, 2 months is nothing (lol). Pretty sad though.
Don't even get me started on calibrations. screwed around with one calibration for 3 years sending it back and forth. Never did get the overboost and detonation problem fixed. Another calibration from another vendor waited 1 year for and only received after several strong worded letters. When I did get cal, it was exactly what I didn't want. Part throttle boost limit crap. My s-60 performed like a 60-01. 10 PSI till 4500 then went to full boost. Yet another vendor sent in 87 TII core and waited 3 years. Fortunately no money exchanged, but never got core back. This was from a guy I knew personally through SDAC. Then there is the Rob Maxon stories... Thank goodness that Rob (boostbutton) actually delivers.
Clutches? Ditto. Waited over a year to try to get correct made spline large spline. Finally gave up and went to another supplier. Had correct part in three weeks, and that was because they had to make a new broach to correct the fittment issue.
Learned my lesson, these days nothing gets paid in full from vendors until product is in house ready to be shipped.

Todd
post #10 of 12 Old 12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
TD is love, TD is life

Engine: 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 L-bodies View Post
My s-60 performed like a 60-01. 10 PSI till 4500 then went to full boost. Yet another vendor sent in 87 TII core and waited 3 years. Fortunately no money exchanged, but never got core back. This was from a guy I knew personally through SDAC. Then there is the Rob Maxon stories... Thank goodness that Rob (boostbutton) actually delivers.

With MPtuner and Rob's calibration template, DIY calibration is so much easier now.

Though software is free, hardware is not cheap. Socketed ECU, chips with socket or ostrich, wideband, otc scanner for monitoring knocks... etc. But, they are well worth it having the ability to tune on the fly.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe...une/booost.JPG
post #11 of 12 Old 12-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 1985 Omni GLH
Engine: 2.2 Turbo

I just sent my turbo out a week or so ago. I hope to get it back as soon as possible. However, I am not too worried about getting it back....of course I want it back in a timely manner....i just hope this doesn't happen to me.....a year for a turbo as I read above ...that's crazy!!!
post #12 of 12 Old 12-21-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

I did receive it and it was so far good. now have some electric issues I am trying to resolve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page