Daytona 2.5 to 3.3 Swap - Page 8 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Chrysler V6 engines Discussion area for the 3.3 and 3.8 turbo and non-turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 117 Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Super Pope

Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Re: Daytona 2.5 to 3.3 Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkanything View Post
Only dakota's have a pilot bearing for the trans. I'd be very nervous having 30# of mass spinning at 7000 rpm not on true center more than driving at normal highway cruising speed.
the bearing in the trans is also called a pilot shaft bearing.

And normally the trans has slop stock in a FWD trans. Which isn't too nice. But the slop is more than the miss alignment of a 2.4 on a 2.2 trans. I have had old trans cause vibration as there out of wack, but still farther than missing the one bolt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 117 Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 96' Dodge Neon
Engine: 2.0L
Induct: N/A

I looked at the 3.3l intrepid intake for the project that i have in mind, and I think it would be great if the elbow that it has got straightened out... the later model long runner intakes look cool too but as far as being compact, the intrepid one looks the best, and if there were any boost added later it would be awesome for a turbo setup... too bad that double t/b manifold form the 3.5l couldn't just bolt on.. but then again, it may not be too difficult to have some one make it able to bolt on... still haven't found a decent p-body for the 3.8l swap or an engine/trans yet...

Also GREAT job on the swap, it just blew me away as too how fast you were able to get it done and how smooth it really was to get it all to work.

-Dustin
post #108 of 117 Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Super Pope

new swap speed leaders lol. That and other than wiring not too tough. People adding turbos and other crap get deep into a swap. A 3.3 NA swap is a nice clean run. There are a bunch of late P bodys out there though, just a little time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #109 of 117 Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 96' Dodge Neon
Engine: 2.0L

Yeah, as far as just swapping in a 3.3/3.8 i know it should be pretty straight forward, its just that I don't really wanna cannibalize a good running p-body or just buy a clunker that has chassis problems, electrical gremlins and any other thing that would cheapen a good engine swap.... If i could just find a p-body in good shape with all the electrical in tact that happens to be missing then engine and transmission but not the axles... I guess im asking allot... really i cant justify buying a car for $500 that isn't going to have the motor and tranny that it will probably come with and a van for $1000 for the engine harness/ecu, engine and tranny... i think im kinda rambling...
sorry...
Dustin
post #110 of 117 Old 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 87 daytona T top
Engine: 3.5 twin turbo V6

thread restored!!!
post #111 of 117 Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 92 caravan se

im semi new to the forums, but im doing a 92 dodge 3.3 swap into a 89 daytona.. so far so good got the tranny overhauled and got most of the engine tore down today to see what all parts I need to overhaul it..... later plans are flashing the computer to increase the RPM limiter to 6k and take the speed limiter off :) and up the timing a little, also slap a turbo on it but thats next year with tax return money I might have some pics soon if ppl care to see.
post #112 of 117 Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 94 lebaron GTC

If your budget can swing it, the 2001 up heads are the best for the application. You need everything from the heads up to do it, including the pushrods. Delta cams will regrind your cam and it will really perk it up.
post #113 of 117 Old 06-10-2012, 05:48 PM
TD New Guy

Got it in, the engine mounts on the sides in the 89 are different from the 92 caravan.. so fabing indeed is the option.. but I will have some pics and a vid up real soon gonna be a few weeks before I can get it running but... it will be done soon Passenger mount drive side mount Front mount
post #114 of 117 Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 91 Sundance "Merica"
Engine: 2.2

Garage

Hard part done! Looks great in there, you're just about in home stretch. I didn't look back but are you going MS or stock ecu?
post #115 of 117 Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Super Pope

looks a little bit to the left, how does the passenger side axle fit?
post #116 of 117 Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 PM
TD New Guy

yeah its not 100% in we had to fab up the driver side mount its not 100% mounted theres no front mount in yet either as the 89 mounts are different from the 90s and up daytona's. it might need to move to the left or right yet not sure.. but I will get more pics in a few days, as I work at night so I have to work on it when I get time :) atm theres a block of wood holding it up in the front cause theres no front mount on the body yet.. but it will be done soon.. and im not sure on the ecu and what we are using mostly everything is stock off the van that we used.. but all rebuild tranny and engine.
post #117 of 117 Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 PM
TD New Guy

and im going stock ecu... dont have the money... as money is a hard thing for me so im working with what I can.. but the next big thing will be sending the computer out and flashing it to what I want. Also there is no axles in atm, really nothing at all is hooked to the engine at the point of them pics.. so that wont really happen till thursday when I have the day off I plan on spending all day getting it at least mounted in fully.. just a little concerned if the daytona mounts will hold up the weight difference as the passenger one is, its fully done just gotta fab the driver side and front mount.. As far as all the extra things I wanna do that will have to wait till way later down the road when I have more money. but just a brand new 3.3 in a tona body stock should run damn good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
3.3 , 3.5 , 3.8 , dodge v6 , swap , v6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page