Srt-4 Neon/PTGT Cruiser Motors. - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge Help and Discussion area for the for Neon and Caliber SRT4's

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: '04 PT Cruiser GT
1/4: 0.000

Re: Srt-4 Neon/PTGT Cruiser Motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
I personally like the LSD in the srt4's. I know this is motor threAd but you all are comparing how fast the srt4 and of cruiser are traction is a part of that equation
that's a great point. in '03, neither the PT nor the SRT-4's had a limited slip, but '04 and '05 srt-4's came with a LSD stock. another thought to consider, however, is that the 5-speed Getrag in the PT GT is actually tougher than the t-850 in the SRT-4.

the biggest reason that PT's are slower than SRT's though is weight. the PT is enough heavier than the SRT-4 that it gets whooped by it. i have a buddy with an '04 srt-4, and i have an '04 PT GT. both of us with the same mods (DS Predator, intake, not really anything else!) ran extremely close from a 30 mph roll. he did pull me, but 30 to 80 amounted to about a carlength--not bad, considering the weight difference.

to the OP, i'm guessing you got the tranny too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: '04 PT Cruiser GT

ok, in that case, the tranny that you would have purchased with that motor, the 41te, is not the worst transmission ever. stock it is weak, but it can be built to withstand a LOT of power.

if you want more info on modding the auto tranny that came with that engine, go to PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it. and join. then do some searches, and look for the user THeir. he knows what's up with tranny stuff, and knows where to go to get one built that'll take whatever you wanna throw at it
post #18 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: '88 Shelby Z TII
Engine: 2.2 TII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 14.284

Yeah, if you want to run an auto, stick with a built 41TE(aka A604) and run an aftermarket controller.

BTW, the fastest GLHS on the planet that I know of is SMP's, which runs in the 8's I believe(maybe faster), although it's with a TIII powerplant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Boostaholic

Is their an aftermarket intake made for the PT GT that outperforms the stock intake? I thought I read it somewhere like PT Crew but couldn't find it there lol

Thanks
post #20 of 25 Old 10-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Super Pope

the aluminum intake caused the early GT PT to make 215 HP. The intake starved a cylinder for air. The plastic intake, like my 05 has a wing inside it diverting the air right. So my PT GT is a 230 HP.

Last edited by The Pope; 12-07-2011 at 09:11 AM.
post #21 of 25 Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Super Pope

guys are adding the OBX to the 41 trans with the same spacer used on a 413. So I suspect a pelquin can fit.

The 03 up trans is pretty strong, you need the diablo tuner to turn up the trans electronically.

My stone stock 05 with auto on the 17s ran 14.9 this year.
post #22 of 25 Old 10-29-2011, 08:36 PM
TD Extreme User!

How are they running the same spacer as the 413? The ring gear is physically thicker than the 413's, part of the reason the 604 is physically stronger than the 413.
post #23 of 25 Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
How are they running the same spacer as the 413? The ring gear is physically thicker than the 413's, part of the reason the 604 is physically stronger than the 413.
the diff itself is the same thing apparently. There using the OBX 5 speed neon diff with the 413 spacer. Gearing though, ring and pinion doesn't directly effect whether or not the diff is the same. I looked into this when a PT GT guy sold the spacer and diff here, found other people over the net doing the mod. Still though with horrid tires and stock suspension my PT still hit a 2.2 60ft. But I would like to run my slicks and spin both in the water box.
post #24 of 25 Old 10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
TD Extreme User!

I understand the diff itself is the same, but the ring gear is physically thicker, unless it is back-cut under the gear teeth to get the spacing the same. I've never had one that far apart honestly, so I can't say for sure. This IS something I'm interested in, however!
post #25 of 25 Old 10-18-2017, 01:08 PM
ace
TD New Guy

you seem to know a lot about these swaps and im tying to do one in my 2000 neon. do you think you can email me for some help and advice. i will not find this page again and would love for you to help me [email protected] thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page