SRT4 forum? - Page 4 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge Help and Discussion area for the for Neon and Caliber SRT4's

View Poll Results: would it be used?
i would use the forum 46 86.79%
i would NOT use the forum 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 59 Old 06-19-2011, 07:33 PM
cmg
TD New Guy

My Ride: 2005 SRT4
1/4: 0.000

Re: SRT4 forum?

Ive had a glh clone (sold) a real glh and now a nsrt4, I cannot stand srtforums because of the ricer kids and their constant bashing. You could set up a SRT4 only area for help and knowledge with non engine stuff and keep the 2.4 section for NA and Turbo info. My neon is stock by choice, I have no need to mod it yet, as things break I upgrade them. I dont post much on any forum Im a member at except for one and thats more of a water cooler type place. But I do read and learn and refer back to the stuff Ive read and learned. I didnt vote either way yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM
TD New Guy

How about giving the SRT4 section here a try for say 6 months? If it gets too uncomfortable for those policing it you can get rid of it.

I don't own one yet, but I'm here to learn and hopefully someday I can help others out when they ask questions. I'm far from a young punk who doesn't care about Mopar heritage. There is much in the way of awesome tech info here on the older TD's, but imo the SRT4 is lacking in tech info, not only here but the other site(s) that supposedly cover it.
post #48 of 59 Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Daytona Junkie

we have no problem with adding it as long as it gets used
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 59 Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 AM
cmg
TD New Guy

My Ride: 2005 SRT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfx72 View Post
How about giving the SRT4 section here a try for say 6 months? If it gets too uncomfortable for those policing it you can get rid of it.

I don't own one yet, but I'm here to learn and hopefully someday I can help others out when they ask questions. I'm far from a young punk who doesn't care about Mopar heritage. There is much in the way of awesome tech info here on the older TD's, but imo the SRT4 is lacking in tech info, not only here but the other site(s) that supposedly cover it.
LMAO cuz plasti dip paint jobs make it fast y0 and those HIDs make it even faster brah!

I know over exaggeration but it seems like all I see is "ricer" stuff or buy this kit and and do FMIC I miss my zener diode tuning lmao
post #50 of 59 Old 06-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 91 spirit r/t
Engine: TIII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 13.883

We need a srt knowledge base for when every TIII car has been striped we can move on to the SRT'S!
post #51 of 59 Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: Mopar!
Engine: 5.9 & 2.2 turbo

I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any 2.4 swapped Spirit R/Ts yet!
post #52 of 59 Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: srt4

As a srt4 owner , I can see some advantages & disadvantages . as a very active user on the national srt4 forums , aka "the kiddie pool" , i have seen that too many sections/subsections that overlap can be tedious & redundant . this is my second post , im very green , but if your forum is organized by motor type , then i dont see the need . However , if you want to keep a 2.4 section that is dedicated to swaps , which may be useful , then a seperate nsrt section might be in order . this way the established forum members wont have to wade through a bunch of srt nonsense (how much downforce does the wing provide ?) when looking for the info they are interested in .

I do think that the TD community needs to integrate the SRT4 into its ranks , and we srt4 owners should respect our roots . We can learn from each other , we can both benefit from new blood .
Yes there are many idiot srt4 owners out there . So what ? there is no platform out there that is immune to this behavior . I know a lot of idiots that like steak , does that mean i shouldnt eat steak ?

At worst , if it doesnt pan out , close it and move on .
post #53 of 59 Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Boostaholic

Honestly I think a lounge isn't a bad idea at all
post #54 of 59 Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Super Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbaron View Post
I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any 2.4 swapped Spirit R/Ts yet!
How many times have you seen a Spirit modded with a 8v or 3.0? Almost never. Spirits get less attention than mini vans so I don't think you'll see one for a while unless you build it.
post #55 of 59 Old 07-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Super Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexcrazy View Post
As a srt4 owner , I can see some advantages & disadvantages . as a very active user on the national srt4 forums , aka "the kiddie pool" , i have seen that too many sections/subsections that overlap can be tedious & redundant . this is my second post , im very green , but if your forum is organized by motor type , then i dont see the need . However , if you want to keep a 2.4 section that is dedicated to swaps , which may be useful , then a seperate nsrt section might be in order . this way the established forum members wont have to wade through a bunch of srt nonsense (how much downforce does the wing provide ?) when looking for the info they are interested in .

I do think that the TD community needs to integrate the SRT4 into its ranks , and we srt4 owners should respect our roots . We can learn from each other , we can both benefit from new blood .
Yes there are many idiot srt4 owners out there . So what ? there is no platform out there that is immune to this behavior . I know a lot of idiots that like steak , does that mean i shouldnt eat steak ?

At worst , if it doesn't pan out , close it and move on .
older TD people know the SRT 4 isn't from Japan and isn't an import. And many of us me included own older and newer TD's, I have an 05 PT GT. So it isn't this group that thinks there not included. I've had a lot of near fist fights at the track because retards think the NSRT is a Mitsubishi and they wouldn't have bought the car if they thought it was a Chrysler. Even some guy I've raced with since the 80's that's older than me has a yellow one and thinks it has nothing to do with the older cars. I believe the real issue is that the 94-02 Stratus R/T wasn't sold here. If it had been there wouldn't have been a no turbo 4 gap. This list other than the old TDs and the new NSRT and CSRT also caters to people in Mexico. There are a lot of TD people on here in Mexico that own the early 2.4 turbos and the K car turbos that were never sold here either.

As for the lobby for a single car who knows. I do know that about half of all the TDs out there old and new are Daytonas. We don't have a lobby just for the G body, the highest sold TD there was. Then the forum answers tons of questions on repair, which most of these questions pass through to all of the Neons and Stratus type cars. In the past people make a thread that drags on for years on one car. The G body thread, the CSX thread, etc where we go to add just about the one car. Personally I think the 89 CSX is the baddest of the TDs. Sure not the straight line of the SRT stock, but the car just is worlds better for handling. We CSX owners post up in one big thread that has gone on for years now. I haven't ever even seen a SRT 4 owners thread?

Rob Walsh

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

post #56 of 59 Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 07 ram & 84 rampage

I sure hope that it gets used because I will be needing a lot of help installing an SRT 4 into my L body Rampage.

BTW, Info on Rampage's are even fewer.
post #57 of 59 Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1993 Dodge Shadow
Engine: 2.4L
Induct: N/A

We do not need an SRT forum...

This is what we could use...

2.0L / 2.4L NA forum
2.0L / 2.4L Turbo forum
post #58 of 59 Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: Alabama
Engine: 2.4L srt4

I'm new to this turbo scene, i've only built muscle cars through the years. I now find myself searching every angle i can learn on muscling up my 04 srt4. Please help you cool srt guy and gals.
post #59 of 59 Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubyu View Post
I'm new to this turbo scene, i've only built muscle cars through the years. I now find myself searching every angle i can learn on muscling up my 04 srt4. Please help you cool srt guy and gals.
Hello, I was muscle car building long before turbos, still doing both though lol.

https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...ting-20-a.html

Read post's 3 and 4 for stage 1 building of the SRT 4. Good for high 12s with good tires and low 13s on street tires. Also great for auto cross.

Weight transfer is required to go fast with a muscle car and destroys handling and braking. FWD cars hook a lot better when you stop weight transfer and it increases stopping and braking.

Also welcome to turbododge.com

Rob Walsh

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
new forum , poll , srt , vote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page