Srt4 dart - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge Help and Discussion area for the for Neon and Caliber SRT4's

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 Old 03-13-2014, 08:35 PM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 94 lebaron GTC
1/4: 0.000

Re: Srt4 dart

Big layoff at the Dart plant, cause there not selling. Heavy, slow, and a Fiat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 Old 04-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 2003 SRT-4
Engine: Stage 2. 18psi and larger cooler.
Induct: Turbo

I won't buy one and I work there. Heavy and slow is why. Now, I have a few buddies who purchased them and if they do 65 on the interstate, they can get 41mpg in the Dart Aero with the 1.4L turbo DDC package. So, if you are looking for good gas mileage, maybe a Dart is for you after all. The FIAT Abarth is light, so it is a little zippier than the Dart. It gets mid to upper 30s, according to a friend who has one. But, the old school Shelbys and Neon SRT4s (like mine) will run circles around the Dart for a couple more years. Hopefully, the slow sales sends a message to the folks in charge of small cars to add da turbo and quick. I don't see it happening to the World Gas or Tigershark engines. Not unless they send long block to a 3rd party (which has been done before).
post #18 of 30 Old 04-30-2014, 01:04 PM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 84 Horizon, 95 Neon
Engine: 43 X NHRA/IHRA champ
Induct: N/A

The last Motor Week Illustrated show I watched talked about the new Chrysler 200 being based on the Dart and one of the engines was the 3.6 V6 with 295hp...if the new 200 is based on the Dart...how hard could it be to put that motor in the Dart? That would work wonders in my under 2000 lb Matchbox!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 30 Old 06-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Super Pope

the Dart is basically a Alfa / Fiat that in some cases uses Mopar power trains, all but the 1.4.

As the 3.6 is way big for an Omni the 1.4 turbo would be wonderful for mileage and power in a GLH~
post #20 of 30 Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: ram 3.6l and Daytona
Engine: 2.5l turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
Fiat had came a long way so does Chrysler since the '70's!
I don't own a Fiat 500 but someone I know that own's one from the past 3 years had no problem.
It doesn't feel cheap inside.

Chrysler will never be what they used to be (for the best and for the worst) but I am sure they still can built cool SRT cars.

Here, Hyundai and Kia are getting more and more owners each day. Not a fan at all.
now nissanbrought back the micra for under 10. i have a 13 1500 with the new v6 which isnt as they say that fuel efficient but its ok what i heard was that the ford ecoboost was kind of stolen from chrysler and that this 3.6 was originally supposed to have turbos and apparently the engine is claimed to handle 40 lbs boost. heck cant even get an air intake for this puppy yet let alone a twin set up but i heard thats in the works any thoughts??
post #21 of 30 Old 07-13-2014, 12:38 PM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 90 Daytona Shelby
Engine: 2.5

Garage

I came across some rumblings that the SRT4 Dart would be AWD, hence Giles' "no more FWD" comment. Ideally, you'd need 300hp and AWD and a perfect suspension setup to beat the current class leaders (WRX and Gti). The Evo is done, so I guess that's one less contender at least. But, the Dart just seems so much heavier than the rest. Why are all of Chrysler's current vehicles so obscenely overweight?
post #22 of 30 Old 07-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: '86 GLHT & '08 CSRT4

Sounds like the same story unless there is some ''fresh'' news around...

AWD is a nice add-on but not mandatory. It brings the price up too.

In all fairness, the Focus ST ia a hard car to beat even if it is a FWD. So if they can beat that for a better price, they might get somewhere.

Sounds like a SRT4 is not a top priority anyway.
post #23 of 30 Old 07-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 2003 SRT-4
Engine: Stage 2. 18psi and larger cooler.

The Pentastar V-6 block with a few mods is going to be the bottom end of the next Maserati (Machined by Chrysler and assembled by Ferrari). And, it will have 2 turbos. Maybe one day we will be able to buy the block from MOPAR and build up a twin turbo V-6 that will fit in some of the later model smaller vehicles. I still hear nothing about a SRT4 Dart though. If you want some power "today", save your pennies and get a 700+ HP Hellcat Challenger.

PS- You do know that the 3.6L V-6 in the 200 is the same motor that goes in the huge RAM truck, right? It should move that 200 down the road nicely.
post #24 of 30 Old 02-28-2015, 05:10 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: '85 Dodge Daytona Z
Engine: 2.2L TI

For all the Fiat haters out there, don't forget that Fiat invented the multiair technology. Multiair is a special head that can infinitely control the valve timing on both the exhaust and the intake valves. The engineers can fine tune the engine to do some amazing things for power and economy (10% increase). Now Chrysler has that technology thanks to the merger. I was riding in a Fiat the other day while visiting England. It had a tiny 1.0 L engine with bi-turbos and multiair. Pretty nice combo. It had plenty of power and got about 50 mpg. Sounded a bit like a diesel at low rpm. I'm not a big Fiat fan, but I love the multiair head.
post #25 of 30 Old 04-29-2015, 11:30 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 2004 Dodge SRT-4
Engine: 2.4L Turbo

AWD HO TURBO SRT DART scheduled for 2017-18 as well as a small SUV on the same chassis SRT as well.
post #26 of 30 Old 07-04-2015, 06:22 PM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 94 lebaron GTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
For all the Fiat haters out there, don't forget that Fiat invented the multiair technology. Multiair is a special head that can infinitely control the valve timing on both the exhaust and the intake valves. The engineers can fine tune the engine to do some amazing things for power and economy (10% increase). Now Chrysler has that technology thanks to the merger. I was riding in a Fiat the other day while visiting England. It had a tiny 1.0 L engine with bi-turbos and multiair. Pretty nice combo. It had plenty of power and got about 50 mpg. Sounded a bit like a diesel at low rpm. I'm not a big Fiat fan, but I love the multiair head.
12.5 BILLION$$$$$ for multi air. Great deal Lots of twin cams with VVT. Should have gave Chrysler to Honda. No I don't own a Honda car, but it is not because of quality.
post #27 of 30 Old 07-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Garrett Booster

Yup, keep hearing a AWD turbo Dart is in the pipeline but no further details...

It should be fun around 2016-2017...

Focus RS, Civic Type-R, Golf -R, Mazda 3 Speed?
I am not in the market right now but I am (very) tempted at what is coming but just can't stand the fact that Dodge isn't giving any info for the upcoming awd Dart.
They are killing me!
post #28 of 30 Old 07-07-2015, 09:18 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 08 Caliber SRT4

You and me, Francois! Dart isn't selling quite like they had hoped, so while I'm anxious to see a DSRT4, I'm really not sure if it will happen. Hope I'm wrong!
I have 130,000 miles on my CSRT now, so I may not have any choice.
post #29 of 30 Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 PM
Garrett Booster

Guess it is not gonna happen.

Read that they should pull the Dart and the 200 out. They might wanna work with another brand to have a joint product.

Too bad.

Quote:
All I can say is when the next gen. engine comes out, it is going to be sweet. We will be back on top again.
Probably not in a Dart and beside Jeep-Ram and rwd cars, there is no chassis that could received what you were expecting.

So now that it won't come, could you share what we would have seen?
post #30 of 30 Old 04-24-2018, 04:46 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: Toyota
Induct: N/A

Awesome proposition ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page