Found this in the junkyard - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Turbo III Help with turbo III cars

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: GLH Omni
Engine: 2.2 TIII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Re: Found this in the junkyard

[email protected]

I can show you the part combination I used to accomplish this. Iím not on here much so just email me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKiller View Post
Thanks! that's the list I've been looking for. No special components in the cabin to hook up beyond splicing in the harness? I've found good wiring diagrams.
Unfortunately, the Spirit body is complete junk. Rust and rats. I put a little Seafoam and oil in the cyls and cranked it over. Comped out at 160-180. No oil in the pan to check for water, so I'll have to pull it for inspection. Doesn't look like it was leaking coolant from the head. And I can't see any cracks at the freeze plugs between the spark plugs ( doesn't mean theyre not there).
Smog laws in CA can be a pain, but.....as long as the replacement engine is in the same family/ displacement/ manufacturer, and newer than the stock engine, and with all the smog equip from the donor car, I can take it to a special Smog Referee. It has to pass emissions for the 91 spirit, not the 82 Rampage. .......I hope.....
Correct, you have to pass smog for the year of the engine. So yeah, get everything that is emission related. The AIS on the larger TB does have the connector facing in a different direction than the smaller one. But the TPS is the same for both.
post #18 of 18 Old 03-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: GLH Omni
Engine: 2.2 TIII
Induct: Turbo

There’s a few things that make this easier.

My power steering pump is from a 92 spirit 4 cylinder....brackets as well
The power steering line is also 92 spirit.

I think I was able to turn the passenger side mount upside down.

My shifter is 93 iroc with dodge shadow shift cables
Neon shift bushings.

The brakes are another deal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11455C02-0CD8-4D42-88A6-99481265A7C6.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	245665  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page