Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Huge Turbo Acclaim

36K views 174 replies 30 participants last post by  Dr.shred 
#1 ·
I contemplated building something like this for years. ive finally created a monster!

#13 ·
1994 Acclaim started out life as a 2.5 3spd. 200 bucks with blown motor. swapped out 2.5 for 3.0 4spd swapped in all wiring and computers out of 1991 acclaim. low mileage(33000k). 4 spd was tired. out of my last car. went hunting and found a 1992 daytona and got all the 5 spd goodies. not really knowing what i was doing put it together and it turned out fine.

#15 ·
started out by ordering a presision 6262 turbocharger. fabricated my own rear exhaust manifold using flanges from columbia river. cumstom crossover by kyle. (me) i also had custom 1" spacers built to turn the intake around.
the worst part about that was extending the throttle cable. i will find my pics of the exhaust manifold eventually. the following is some of the other parts that i have used.
-large vibrant intercooler now discod but it is like 36x14x3 or along those lines.
-huge k&n filter
-msd wires
-aem base psi reg
- begi rising rate reg
-aem boost gauge+controller
-autometer fuel psi gauge
-autometer oil psi gauge
walbro 255lph pump for GNX
-6 braided fuel line . use both stock lines as return lines
-33lb t2 injectors

#16 ·
as far as the car itself goes i have lowered it with eibach coils and konis in rear cut eibach coils with koni adjustables in the front. 5 spoke alloys 17" with 2154517 tires. handling wise is much superior to before like night and day compared to before or compared to my 330k spirit with original rear shocks and old ass fronts. hood and trunklid are off of my previous car. put them on cuz the car had a luggage rack and i hated that. hood i changed cuz i didnt wanna drill holes in my good hood. and when i build my upper intake i will most likley have to build a scoop of some sort. any ideas would be apreciated.

#20 ·
I have driven the car and had alot of fun with it. but i just dont know if their was problems with the begi or what put at max rate of gain with my 331b injectors it was still way to lean at 9lbs. i have it apart at the moment and am going to swap in a chevy based computer modified to allow total custom tuning. this is a neat option that according to some people is much more flexible then megasquirt.
link is DynamicEFI

#29 ·
Yes billet wheel and yes its been running! Interested to see the Chevy engine management.

Whats your fuel system now kyle? Your car seems to behave like mine did when I had a weak fuel system/clogged filter

#30 ·
car has walbro pump in tank. 3/8 corvette fuel filter at the back. braided 3/8 line to front and both stock lines as return lines. modified rail with more lines and awesome aem psi reg. going to remove begi. going to get some aprox 50 lb injectors. any ideas about injectors. anyone ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.