Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Huge Turbo Acclaim

36K views 174 replies 30 participants last post by  Dr.shred 
#1 ·
I contemplated building something like this for years. ive finally created a monster!

#83 ·
Hah, I'm smart! Wasn't thinking - I'm building an A413 tranny with diff savers etc, I thought you were too. Neglect the part with the shift kit and rear band strut, lol. Anyway, go to your local Chrysler dealer, ask for the above parts for a '97 Neon w/ 3 speed auto.

The brackets will likely have to be ordered in, but well worth the money IMO.

Cheers, TheCanadian

#84 ·
Just so you know, the diff pin retainers only retain the pin.. they dont keep it from getting chewed up by one wheel tirespin. If you wear that pin down bad enough the gears will go out of alignment and probably break, and then THAT will break your case.

So dont treat diff pin retainers as a blank check for burnouts.

#91 ·
Just remember this is coming from Ron who drove his 3.0 in reverse 35mpg then shifted into 2nd gear to do a burnout and I have the picture saved somewhere.

There is only going to be wear on the diff pin if you 1 wheel peel. usually i get both tires to turn on the street with an open diff from 1st gear. Its the rolling throttle traction lose in higher hp cars that is very difficult to get both to spin on an open diff.
so if its 1st gear burnouts then imo its not going to hurt things as much though I am sure it still wears on the pin.

#96 ·
Here are pictures of my Original AA body Spirit Install. I don't know if I ever shared pictures of this before, can't find them in my old imageshack account. Uploaded them to photobucket.

See the direction I originally wanted my filter to go. The P body has less room and my IC piping is sorta in the way. I had planed on making a hole into the fender but oh well!

Cool way would probably be putting the filter above the intercooler but fitting large pipe there would probably be impossible unless you got a smaller aluminum radiator.

This filter was just for driving around on the street. I removed it at the track because its just a tiny RU3030 that was on my n/a intake setup.

This car/setup started it all for me even though it didnt last long. I wish I had money to returbo my Spirit.
Turbo 3.0 AA body is just cool. Faster then an Srt-4 yet its a grandma car.

#99 ·
Yeah, i didnt even remove the metal bracket from the MAP in that sensor.
That car had functional cruise control at the time though. Thats why there are the funny stereo wires riding over near the passenger headlight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.