Wheres all the TD's - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
TD New Guy

1/4: 0.000

Re: Wheres all the TD's

Just picked up an 86 Daytona turbo Z C/S yesterday. My second Daytona and my second TD. First TD was a GLH. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

My Ride: 87 Daytona Shelby Z
Engine: 2.5 CB TII
Induct: Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim34 View Post
Dang theres an turbododge outbreak in holland, whats going on out there ? lol...
Im just a little south east of flint with my old chrysler laser, I do see a a couple of tonas cruisin around my neighborhood as of late but there are very few of them left in this state....
rust is eatin' em up.
post #18 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 02:00 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakercat Amboy View Post
Just picked up an 86 Daytona turbo Z C/S yesterday. My second Daytona and my second TD. First TD was a GLH. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 03:52 PM
TD New Guy

Rust gets everything up here! This dude bought it brand new and never drove it in the winter. Paint's burned off, but remarkable little rust. I feel so lucky to find one here! Gonna restore it and then make it faster......
post #20 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 07:52 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakercat Amboy View Post
Rust gets everything up here! This dude bought it brand new and never drove it in the winter. Paint's burned off, but remarkable little rust. I feel so lucky to find one here! Gonna restore it and then make it faster......
fantastic! Post some pics!
post #21 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 87 glhs #197
Engine: TIII hybrid

Im in indy but have bought a few TDs in detroit and visit MI quite frequintly
post #22 of 66 Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 89 Caravan Turbo
Engine: street race lengend

I grew up in Coloma, I had alot of turbo Dodges when I was there, but moved to Colorado in 1999
post #23 of 66 Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 88 Daytona Shelby Z

I'm in the Detroit area and just got my first TD. My daily driver is a 96 Dakota with a 5.2L. I'm hoping the TD eats less fuel! :)
post #24 of 66 Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: chrysler lebaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox82 View Post
are there any good public yards around here besides the LKQs?
r mudget auto parts on quincy st, joe's auto parts in spring lake ,also in muskegon off the russle road exit there is a few junk yards fordrocy's and durda's . in bloomingdale thers mcpikes ,in paw paw theres L & L never been ther but herd it was good . those are the better junk yards that i know of for td's in the west mi area
post #25 of 66 Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: Scamp GT

Theirs one in Dorr too Hooked a set of Aluminum 5X100s from them in my prospecting travels a few years back
post #26 of 66 Old 06-02-2012, 06:38 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

Jesus Mudget is two blocks from my house. I had no idea it existed. I'm gonna have to go check them out on the double!! They charge a yard access fee? I think the one in Dorr is another LKQ now, I find better stuff there than the one in holland. The holland chryser section is full of minivans, Treps with dead 2.7s and neons. Useless lol.
post #27 of 66 Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: Scamp GT

Guess I should have answered that question by simply saying IN CHINA FOR RECYCLE Now you really wanna barf. Up 'til the Chineez drove the price of scrap 5 times what it waz a few years back, the Bone Yard(Eagle I think) just on the north side of Three Rivers going south on 131 had about FIVE ACREZ of nothin' but L-BODYS. I went out there to spend the day "Playing" rite after they crushed(NOT KNOWING) and their waz ONE LONELY LITTLE HORIZON sittin' in the middle of that 5 acre section of their yard. I just ask 'um why HOW THEY MISSED THAT ONE and left without waiting for an answer. Where'z that crying icon when I want it? AAARRRGGGHHHH! Jer
post #28 of 66 Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 AM
---SITE GUIDES---

ug, yeah, I;ve noticed that cars aren't stayin in the yards nearly as long these days. :(
post #29 of 66 Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
Engine: Chrysler 2.4L

I'm back in michigan now. took my supercharged turismo out to Washington while I was in the army, then to arizona while at UTI, now back to its home town. I'm the 3rd owner and hope to get it back on the road. arizona heat killed the seal on the supercharger. I have it in pieces right now. just need some gaskets. the engine is under construction aswell. I need some help with the body work if anybody has any tips. the junk yard in muskegon usually has td's.. I havent been there yet but i'll try swinging by after work. it's 2$ to get in from what i remember. but i'll take a camera with me. anybody goto 131 speedway? SDAC was this past weekend also, anybody make that trip?? you guys will enjoy seeing the supercharged turismo.
post #30 of 66 Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM
---SITE GUIDES---

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURISMO2.2L View Post
I'm back in michigan now. took my supercharged turismo out to Washington while I was in the army, then to arizona while at UTI, now back to its home town. I'm the 3rd owner and hope to get it back on the road. arizona heat killed the seal on the supercharger. I have it in pieces right now. just need some gaskets. the engine is under construction aswell. I need some help with the body work if anybody has any tips. the junk yard in muskegon usually has td's.. I havent been there yet but i'll try swinging by after work. it's 2$ to get in from what i remember. but i'll take a camera with me. anybody goto 131 speedway? SDAC was this past weekend also, anybody make that trip?? you guys will enjoy seeing the supercharged turismo.
welcome back!

There's a complete NA 1st gen daytona at Mudgets in Holland as of a few weeks ago... doesnt seem like cars move too fast there. Red on red IIRC... There was also a blue 2nd gen, also NA. Not sure if that helps. I might be heading down to 131 to watch the autoX races with a buddy this weekend. Apparently I need to get up to the muskegon yards too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page