Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Richmond Virginia TD Thread

118K views 3K replies 76 participants last post by  EvilcowRoland 
#1 ·
I know I've spoken to a few of you on here, but hi to all the other Virginia TD folks. I figured we needed some correspondence between the central VA TD community, so here it is. Questions, ideas, help needed, whatever, we can post here and try to help each other out. Or just talk about our TDs and such. I'll start by posting some info on stuff in the area.

Pull and Pay Junkyards:
Chesterfield Auto Parts (CAP) in Midlothian, Circle Auto Recycling (CAR) in Petersburg

Machine Shops:
Ballos Precision Machinery in Richmond, Crown machine on Rt. 360 in Aylett as suggested by Goose machine shop thread

#2 ·
Just made a visit to Chesterfield Auto Parts and Circle Auto Recycling.

As of Saturday November 26th,

CAP had:
2 91+ Daytonas, 1 V6 and 1 2.5 N/A, both automatic.
1 Shadow ES with pumper wheels & center caps, already got those
3 LeBaron convertibles, all V6 auto
1 87-ish Lancer turbo, auto

CAR had:
86 Laser Turbo
2 or 3 LeBaron convertibles, V6 auto
3 Daytonas, 1 was '90 base model 2.5 5-speed, other 2 were ES models, V6 and 2.5 N/A

I seem to recall there being 1 or 2 K-variants with 2.2 T1s, but I didn't pay much attention to them. New Yorkers maybe?

#4 ·
:bang head Dang! Wrong End of the state... I'm in Southwestern Virginia.

Reactions: Glhs60
#6 ·
:thumb: Just up the road from Floyd...about 15 mile north of Hillsville, near a small bump in the road named Austinville.

Nice to meet a local in here!

#8 ·
#2,594 ·
Yep. He's like the "A" Team... if you can find him... he's a wizard with our cars, if you can make the trip.
Local Richmond shops i can vouch for is Davis Machine and Ballos.

Any of you west VA folks down for a Lynchburg meet?

#14 ·
wallace said:
Hey, I'm in the Richmond area and getting ready to re-do a 2.5 turbo engine. Could anyone recommend a competent machine shop to do the block, rods, head, etc? Thanks.
Hey Wallace. I recommend Ballos Precision Machinery. I've seen the results of their work and it isn't bad at all. My boss sent a 2.5 Ford Ranger engine there and they did just about everything to prep it for a rebuild. Price wasn't bad. They're located off Hilliard Rd in the Staples Mill area. PM me if you want more info.

#16 ·
No problem. If you need help or are looking for something specific, just post it here. The local TD crowd is kinda scarce, so it's cool to help each other out. I'm out at the junkyards all the time. I usually post here if I find anything interesting. But if you're looking for something specific, just let me know. I'll keep an eye out for stuff.

#18 ·
Cool. I'm in the junkyards at Circle and Chesterfield alot too, some good finds there if you can catch 'em when they first put them in the yard. The Bel-Air sounds like it's bad news. I'm working on a Ford Windsor turbo project as well. Just finished my pickup truck last night, have reset the valves and re-torque the head gasket and I'll be pulling the turbo van in next week to get started on it. Thanks for the good info and the warm welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.