Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Richmond Virginia TD Thread

118K views 3K replies 76 participants last post by  EvilcowRoland 
#1 ·
I know I've spoken to a few of you on here, but hi to all the other Virginia TD folks. I figured we needed some correspondence between the central VA TD community, so here it is. Questions, ideas, help needed, whatever, we can post here and try to help each other out. Or just talk about our TDs and such. I'll start by posting some info on stuff in the area.

Pull and Pay Junkyards:
Chesterfield Auto Parts (CAP) in Midlothian, Circle Auto Recycling (CAR) in Petersburg

Machine Shops:
Ballos Precision Machinery in Richmond, Crown machine on Rt. 360 in Aylett as suggested by Goose machine shop thread

#1,760 ·
Couldn't find the wastegate can this weekend, but that doesn't mean much. I put a bunch of stuff away in boxes when I cleaned the garage out last and they're currently buried behind my broken '89 Daytona. It's probably in there. I need a bigger garage. :bang head

I did get my new tires mounted this weekend, and I spent some time cleaning the wheels up while I had them off the car. They look much better. Hoping to get the windshield installed this week. Doesn't help that my wife's car is in the shop too, so she's in the Jeep and I'm borrowing a car right now. Ugh.

#1,765 ·
Haha. I carried a twin mattress and boxspring in my Daytona. Gotta love a hatchback for utility.

If I end up keeping the '89 Shelby, it will definitely be getting classic car plates. Need to decide if I want to risk this old 520 transmission or just find one I know is good.

#1,767 ·
I haven't been there in a while. They have maybe 20 non-truck Chryslers in their field at a time, so I hedge my bets at the CAP triplets. I can swing by there Saturday morning and get a list of all their Chryslers maybe. I live about 5 minutes away from them.

#1,771 ·
Ok. Then that's the one I was going to put in my Dad's Laser. Somehow, I have two 525's now. I think Alan gave me one with the car. I don't remember. I'd have had it fixed by now if the various forces of the universe would quit aligning against me. :bang head

#1,774 ·
Also, my dad informed me today that they just set a '92 Daytona in the yard at Woodfin. It's a red on red car, TBI with 5-speed. He said it was as base of a model as you can get. Manual everything. I haven't seen the car obviously so I have no idea what shape anything is in.

#1,782 ·
HERE'S THE INFO FOR THE 3 SHOWS.
•June 14 – Old School Street Cruisers Antique & Muscle Car Club & Luck Chevrolet presents the 2nd Annual Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show. Location: Luck Chevrolet, 516 S. Washington Hwy, Ashland VA. Show Times: 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Registration: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. with judging to begin promptly at 12:30 p.m. Rain Date: Saturday, June 21st. Baked Goods, Concession with Hamburgers, Hot-dogs, Fish. 50/50 Raffle will be held! Trophies Awarded for classes 1949 – older, 1950 – 1965, 1966 – 1975, 1975 – 1989 and 1990 & Newer. Also, Old School Choice Trophy and Best of Show!! Over 50 Trophies to be awarded in 2014!! Prizes to be drawn throughout the day! Come out to one of the best shows in town! Proceeds being collected to support Breast Cancer Society and ACES (Ashland Christian Emergency Services)! Registration Fee: $20.00 Contact: Carl Johnson – (804)920-8875, Eddie Hinton – (804)314-5107, Willie Grooms – (804)651-5076, Greg Wyatt – (804)363-1361, Bruce Derricott – (804)909-0534 or Lee Cauthorne – (804) 921-8903.

•June 14th – The Oldies But Goodies Classic Cruizers and Fort Lee’s Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation proudly presents the annual “Classics at the Fort” Car, Truck and Bike Show to be held at the Regimental Club. It is a judged show with top 50 winners and over 8 best of categories and two best in show winners. Bring your classic or new car or truck, old or new bikes, imports or whatever you love to drive. Registration is from 8 am to noon and is $15 when you arrive. Please join us and help support children’s charities here in the tri-city area. Trailer parking is available. For more information please call 765-1539 or visit Oldies But Goodies Classic Cruizers. Gates times have changed on Fort Lee with Mahone and Sisisky gates being the only gates open on the weekend. Access still remains simple as Fort Lee no longer requires DOD vehicle decals so you may enter the post with a valid driver’s license, current vehicle registration and proof of insurance. Motorcycle participants who drive to the show must wear a reflective device, long sleeves and gloves to get to the show site. All adult passengers will need to show a driver’s license or other government issued photo identification. Sisisky Gate (corner of Temple Avenue and Route 36) would be the preferred entrance as it is the closest gate to the show site. Proceed to the third red light once through Sisisky Gate and make a right on C Avenue. The show will be immediately on your left next to the chapel.

•June 14 - 45th Annual Richmond in the Spring Car Show, Corral and Swap Meet sponsored by the Richmond AACA. Richmond International Raceway Gate 2 off Laburnum Avenue. Complete info at Show Flyer and Info

#1,787 ·
You guys are welcome to meet at my place if you want. It's about 5 minutes from RIR.

The tie rod came in last night so I'm going to install it as soon as I get out of work tonight (assuming I'm not building an ark for all this rain we've been getting). I'm going to try to get the alignment as close to straight as I can and then get it inspected in the morning. Just text me before you come my way to make sure I'm there. You both should have my number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.