Some of you may have seen my failed attempt at creating a Watt's Link setup for my Daytona project:
I spent today at the Watkins Glen vintage race. Walking through the pits, I came across a guy with a '71 Opel GT, that had a Watt's Link setup. The owner said that he had built it because, when braking hard, the rear end would break loose, if the car wasn't perfectly straight. After the conversion, it is nice and predictable.
Our axles should be much easier to work with, because we won't have to design a differential housing.
One thing I learned was that the 2 bars, that connect the link to the frame, don't have to be parallel to the rear axle. That should open up new possibilities, which I hadn't considered. I wish I could start on it tomorrow, but it won't be until the winter.
If anyone has any experiences, or ideas, feel free to start posting info on this thread. It would be nice if there is a successful conversion out there, that would save us the R&D work.