Dodge Rampage Windshields and Door Glass - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Group Buy/Product Polls The area to set up polls and group buys for newly developed products

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.5 153cc
1/4: 0.000

Garage
Dodge Rampage Windshields and Door Glass

I'm reaching out to a couple companies about having new windshields and door glass made for the Rampage. My windshield is delaminating, my side windows each have faults, and finding NOS or replacement glass is next to impossible. Just trying to gauge how much of an interest there is at this point. I can either buy a lot up front and sell them from there or we could just do a group buy collectively. I'll post more once I have more.

Also, my project of recreating the rampage window seals was delayed quite a bit due to my 3D printer having a part fail. Between that and an upcoming deployment, I am probably looking around June of 2019 for a first set to be made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 83 Rampage Base Carb
Engine: 2.2

Garage
Re: Dodge Rampage Windshields and Door Glass

Wes,
I might be interested in a front windshield but unfortunately not at this time. Too many
to do things until I reach that point...
Window seals eh? For the sides? Keep me updated, thanks!
post #3 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Naturally Aspirated

My Ride: CSX/CS/GLHS
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo

There are three Rampage/Scamps at "The Car Farm" in Bluefield West Virginia. They are mostly complete and Johnny is parting them out. I'd give him a call on the door glass at least. He isnt so much into removing windshields because of the difficulty, but ask him anyway. His number: 304-327-9160 Open Monday-Friday 7:30pm-10:30pm, Saturday 10:30am-3:30pm, closed Wednesday and Sunday for church.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

Garage
Doors are looking to be $245 ea brand new and windshields would be $995. I still need to ask whether ordering in higher quantity would adjust the price.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-26-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

Garage
Alright, so apparently I misspoke. Those prices are for NOS that they still have somehow. That's unfortunate in my opinion. Does anyone know if NOS could have have delaminating issues just from sitting around? I would hate to spend a thousand dollars on a windshield that would start failing in a few years. I am still trying to get figures for reproduction glass and will post back.
post #6 of 12 Old 05-29-2018, 11:29 PM
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: S/C

Wes,

I was lucky enough to find a NOS windshield for my Rampage a couple of years ago soon after I bought it. It was in pristine condition, I don't think age is an issue if it's been stored indoors. Pics of when I bought it in link below.

Could be interested in a set of door glass, as long as it's not cost prohibitive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LouSAzRqRdycH0NA3
post #7 of 12 Old 05-30-2018, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwest View Post
Wes,

I was lucky enough to find a NOS windshield for my Rampage a couple of years ago soon after I bought it. It was in pristine condition, I don't think age is an issue if it's been stored indoors. Pics of when I bought it in link below.

Could be interested in a set of door glass, as long as it's not cost prohibitive.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LouSAzRqRdycH0NA3
What I wouldn't give for that. Mine has chips, scratches, delamination and weld burns. I certainly appreciate the label image though. NOS door glass is $295 shipped. Still looking around and reaching out. I've contemplated buying used door glass and sanding it to a like-new finish. I need both door unfortunately.

Hopefully I can find some competitive prices because I really don't want to spend $1600 on glass unless I have to.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Level 2 Supporter

This is where I got it from. I was really lucky to have been in the right place at the right time. Richard owns the business, and was great to work with.

Prosource Glass International Terms and Conditions
post #9 of 12 Old 08-14-2018, 03:05 PM
TD New Guy

Do I just comment here to subscribe? Im not really new to forums but its been a while and I've never intentionally subscribed to a thread. And I just stumbled across this on the main page I dont want to lose it because I just purchased a scamp and like most other vehicles I own the windshield is cracked directly through my line of sight. I honestly might be talked into spending 995 on a N.O.S. windshield if it was of a good condition
post #10 of 12 Old 08-17-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyWolfe View Post
Do I just comment here to subscribe? Im not really new to forums but its been a while and I've never intentionally subscribed to a thread. And I just stumbled across this on the main page I dont want to lose it because I just purchased a scamp and like most other vehicles I own the windshield is cracked directly through my line of sight. I honestly might be talked into spending 995 on a N.O.S. windshield if it was of a good condition
I believe that it depends on your profile settings as to whether a response automatically subscribes you to a thread.

To everyone, my apologies for not being present for some time. I was sent out for an eight week detachment. I am still hoping to find new, reproduction glass; however, two companies have just flat out denied the request.

I am still pressing on to find as many options as possible but it isn't going so well. I am wondering if it is possible to put another similar vehicle's windshield in. I can't find it again, but I thought I came across a thread somewhere in which another vehicle's glass fit quite well.

Lastly, while I like the metal trim, I do feel the design catches dirt and and causes with rust long-term. I'm curious if a T-weatherstrip could be put in. Or something else overall.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 86 Shelby Charger
Engine: 84 Rampage 2.2 Prospecter

I have 5 new 958 windshields 550.00 each pick up only. Too risky to ship. Thanks
post #12 of 12 Old 09-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Level 2 Supporter

Wes, like you, I have been away for the better part of last month. I, like you would prefer another alternative that didn't keep dirt and stuff underneath it. It also has to look cool too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page