FWD Performance.. handling fee? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Vendor and Seller Feedback Have something you want to say, good or bad, Post it here

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
#DriveTastefully

My Ride: 89 Daytona Shelby TT
Engine: 2.5 TII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

FWD Performance.. handling fee?

Good expericence with FWD Performance, ordered a handful of parts online and changed my order over the phone no problem.

However at the last steps of going through payment a "Handling fee" is tacked on.. $9.82. Gross, what do you need a handling fee for?

I would have honestly cancelled the order because of that, spare money is too tight for that bull, but I was splitting the order with a friend that needs parts bad to get running.

Not cool... it is brutal trying to get parts from you guys to us Canadian TD lovers and restorers, the shipping isn't a complaint (I understand that) but the Handling fee for one, and also customs is bad, perhaps you could fill out customs paperwork for us northerners so we don't have to pay the customs fees, it's just a matter of what you check off on the form.

I say this because I would buy more parts from you guys, but after all that crap it's just not worth it sadly. It cost $80.07 to get two solid bobble struts, a headgasket and sensor up here including that handling fee, $32 of that being shipping which is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: '86 GLHT & '08 CSRT4

Re: FWD Performance.. handling fee?

The rest was what? Custom fees that you had to pay to get your package?
Was it shipped USPS?

I do have to pay some taxes here in there when Canada post brings the package.
They go random so it is not happening all the time (I do order once a month at least from the states)
Obviously, for us, it's better to get it ship that way because Mr. Brown will certainly get your hole bigger when it come at your door step asking for his fee!
It is bad when you consider that sometimes, you see that you can order across the US for free. Mind you, it is included in their price tag but still.
For us, we already pay that much vs them and we still have to pay more for shipping.

Sept 11 didn't help us at all.

We, the Canadians are not enemies!
:)
post #3 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 87 Town & Country wa
Engine: 2.2L

Order sum chees from wisconsin n don't forget the customs fees. U need sumthin to go with all that whine... eh! Order from a canadian turbododge dealer oh wait nevermind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
#DriveTastefully

Errr.. strange. Well I do like me some canadian chedder, got a 800g block in the fridge right now, dont drink whine though. Customs fees aside I still dont get a handling fee.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellonoma View Post
It cost $80.07 to get two solid bobble struts, a headgasket and sensor up here including that handling fee, $32 of that being shipping which is fine.
If you or anyone that wants to order parts has a question, or thinks the shipping is abnormally high, feel free to call us and discuss it. We purposely ship to Canada via usps to help on customs and fees, but the shipping calculator on the site only quotes UPS which can be all over the board on foreign shipping costs. If we see that someone from outside the us ordered something and the shiping costs are wrong, we adjust the cost accordingly.
We do have a small handling charge and that offsets the costs of shipping supplies and merchant fees. A lot of other vendors have handling charges they just add it all together and call it shipping. We break it out so there are no hidden fees.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
#DriveTastefully

Thanks for the reply Cindy, I will make sure to call next time, shipping by USPS would be prefered as I never get all the customs fees and taxes with them and shipping into Canada. UPS on the otherhand is a nightmare, customs and fees are more than the shipping cost lol, brutal because you either shell out forty on the spot or it gets sent back. Makes it almost worth it to just road trip down there and buy everything I need!
post #7 of 15 Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
#DriveTastefully

I did recieve this past order UPS
post #8 of 15 Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellonoma View Post
I did recieve this past order UPS
that's wierd...... I can't remeber the last time we sent a ups package to Canada. We do if the customer requests it, but that is rare, because we know how bad UPS and the Canadian Gov't rapes people on the customs and brokerage fees....
post #9 of 15 Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 AM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 1989 Turbo Caravan
Engine: 2.5L TIII DOHC
1/4: 12.570

The border is messed up, so are some of the shippers and brokers, sometimes you get nailed for brokerage fee's etc, sometimes you don't. You can ask the vendors to fake stuff so you can avoid paying custom's fee's, they can get in trouble or your stuff can go missing and you won't get it back.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: ram 3.6l and Daytona
Engine: 2.5l turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
The border is messed up, so are some of the shippers and brokers, sometimes you get nailed for brokerage fee's etc, sometimes you don't. You can ask the vendors to fake stuff so you can avoid paying custom's fee's, they can get in trouble or your stuff can go missing and you won't get it back.
ive found parts as well more on ebay though like a egr valve for 20 bucks but the shipping is 40 and i can get it for 53 same day locally no waiting. I ordered a 14 dollar book that cost me almost 55 i think by the time i got it . sometimes it is what it is.
Canadian frieghtways goes through the US. I used to order race parts and they were the least expensive. sooo maybe we should check with them to see if they will ship our parts for us. just a thought
post #11 of 15 Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 AM
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 2GTS,SL,2TC,88DAYSHE
Engine: 2.2

It's the Canukian guvamint stikkin it to ya. Become the 51rst state and yall kin moov to Floridaaa or da swamps wit da udder Frencheese.

Seriously, your government is the one adding the fees just to teach UPS a lesson.
Why they punish their own citizens to stick it to UPS I don't understand. Actually I do but you won't like it.

You have to love the Queen a lot to stay in the Commonwealth.
post #12 of 15 Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 PM
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytuner View Post
It's the Canukian guvamint stikkin it to ya. Become the 51rst state and yall kin moov to Floridaaa or da swamps wit da udder Frencheese.

Seriously, your government is the one adding the fees just to teach UPS a lesson.
Why they punish their own citizens to stick it to UPS I don't understand. Actually I do but you won't like it.

You have to love the Queen a lot to stay in the Commonwealth.
well i recieved my book by mail for one. 2 im not french 3 Canada has its own constitution which was brought home from England in the 70s. The queen has nothing to do with us except as a figurehead which is out of respect.

this isnt a forum on politics if it were id say that at least we dont start a war on a lie, we dont dictate what other countries are to do from bullying, We dont randomly shoot friendlies because an answer is taking to long. ( 5 Canadians dead while on excersize in Afghanistan and get nothing for it)

FOR ALL OUR TROOPS BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER AND THEIR FAMILIES THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE.
post #13 of 15 Old 12-22-2013, 04:56 PM
TD Hardcore User!

"Typically" USPS/Canada Post don't charge brokerage fees but UPS etc. all do.

http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-br...ting-avoid-it/

Thanks
Randy

Last edited by Glhs60; 12-22-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: sp
post #14 of 15 Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 2GTS,SL,2TC,88DAYSHE
Engine: 2.2

I was teasing you. I have to agree with you on some of your points. The excess fees with UPS have to do with the North American free trade treaty. There were lots of loopholes for slick lawyers. UPS listened to one and made a big mistake. Doesn't your postal service deliver UPS packages?
sorry you thought I was serious. I have a lot of respect for Canadians. I thought the stupidity of my post was sufficient to make it obvious I was joking. If I recall the Cajuns (Arcadians) fled Canada because they were on the wrong side of a war involving the US.
post #15 of 15 Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytuner View Post
I was teasing you. I have to agree with you on some of your points. The excess fees with UPS have to do with the North American free trade treaty. There were lots of loopholes for slick lawyers. UPS listened to one and made a big mistake. Doesn't your postal service deliver UPS packages?
sorry you thought I was serious. I have a lot of respect for Canadians. I thought the stupidity of my post was sufficient to make it obvious I was joking. If I recall the Cajuns (Arcadians) fled Canada because they were on the wrong side of a war involving the US.
haha that might be war of 1812 when we were the first to kick your butt lol
all is good . yes one thing Canada does very well is give our stuff away. The free trade seems to help everyone else but us and we just signed a free trade agreement with the EU which helps them not us regular canuks.
yes shipping up hear is a pain in the butt but on some parts like I said i can get locally for less money and have it within a day.
i keep looking for online deals but some of the shipping costs more than the part lol.
as for the Acadians i think it was more the British running them off out of Atlantic Canada but dont quote my history knowledge lol

Merry Christmas and thanks for your replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page