Are the injectors from a log type t1 OK to use in a later t1? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-22-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1989 dodge Daytona
1/4: 0.000

Are the injectors from a log type t1 OK to use in a later t1?

I baught a fuel rail online hoping to use it on my 1990 spirit Es turbo but upon inspection I noticed it wasn't the same rail. It has this big black thing on the end of it. We're as mine doesn't. So I figured mayb I can just use the injectors. Is that possible ? I know the older t1 used the bigger garret were as mine is the smaller mits turbo. So what do u guys think? Would this be a good install? Or would it be a waist of time? Or are thay exactly the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: Mopar!
Engine: 5.9 & 2.2 turbo
Induct: Turbo

Re: Are the injectors from a log type t1 OK to use in a later t1?

No, the log T1 use 27lb injectors. All T2 and everything '89-later(actually late '88) use 33lb injectors. The best thing to do is to post up the part number off those log injectors and we can tell you if they are the 27lb ones. Cause as we all know, its possible that someone could've changed them to the larger, 33lb ones.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Level 1 Supporter

My Ride: 83 Scamp GT
Engine: 2.2
Induct: N/A
1/4: 17.200

Quote:
Originally Posted by G body guy View Post
I baught a fuel rail online hoping to use it on my 1990 spirit Es turbo but upon inspection I noticed it wasn't the same rail. It has this big black thing on the end of it. We're as mine doesn't. So I figured mayb I can just use the injectors. Is that possible ? I know the older t1 used the bigger garret were as mine is the smaller mits turbo. So what do u guys think? Would this be a good install? Or would it be a waist of time? Or are thay exactly the same?
They are not the same. The older TI injectors are 27# injectors whereas the TII & 88+ TI injectors are 33#.

You do not want to use them...

Last edited by 83scamp; 09-22-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: corrected info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-22-2016, 02:49 PM
TD is love, TD is life

Engine: 2.2

Early 2.2 TI injectors and rail is waste of money and time for your 2.5TI engine.

ECU is very precisely programmed for the injectors that came on the car. The way it works is the ECU allowing the injectors to open for an exact amount of time under certain conditions. ECU can compensate to some degree working with the oxygen sensor, but in short, you can not mix and match ECU and injectors. The ECU has to be programmed for the injectors.

Some people likes to change fuel pressure to "fine tune" air fuel ratio because they can't program the ECU themselves, otherwise, they would definitely program the ECU instead.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-22-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1989 dodge Daytona

Dam! Well it's ok I didn't pay to much for them. Well thanks if anyone needs some log type injectors and rail let me know. Haha.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-23-2016, 02:07 AM
TD Hardcore User!

Post a picture, if it is a log rail it can be used on a 2 piece with minor mount modifications.

Best flowing of all the stock rails.

Thanks
Randy
post #7 of 7 Old 09-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Level 4 Supporter

Injector Reference Info:

DDG- Injector Flow and Application charts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page