No Spark, No Fault. - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Boostaholic

My Ride: 1987 Shelby Z
Engine: 2.2L Turbo II
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

No Spark, No Fault.

Ok guys, we are officially stumped, so I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

The Patient is an 86 Chrysler Lazer T1 5 Speed, with no spark, something we have fixed before. Tried 3 different HEP's, Logic Modules, Coils, Power modules, checked every single wire and connector we can think of. Occasionally, we can get the car to fire up and run like nothing is wrong, before it cuts out after a few seconds/minutes, no hesitation or misfires, just dies like someone cut the power.

Here is where it gets odd. The fault code light will not come on, at all. The bulb is good, lights up just fine when you hook it to power directly. We traced the wire all the way back to the LM, nothing. Tried a LM out of a working 86 T1 5 Speed Charger, still nothing.

We have tried all the traditional fixes for No Spark, and the Lack of any Fault Code light is not helping. Thanks for whatever ideas you can come up with.

1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z - TII, 5 Speed
1993 Plymouth Duster - 3.0L, 5 Speed - SOLD
e-mail: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Hybrid Booster

Engine: 2.2 Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Re: No Spark, No Fault.

Check your connectors at the power module, both the 12-way, but especially the 10-way connector. Wiggle it a bit and see if the car starts. I had TWO 10-way connectors be the source of endless aggrivation and cause of all my troubles on TWO different cars within a month of each other. If you get the car running, grab the 10-way, wiggle it and see if the car dies. If you cant get it to start trace back the pink wire from the 10-way connector to the 2 fuaseable links its connected to, see if either one is blown. The pink wire is the 12v constant power supply to the PM. When I had my connector issues the connection was loose enough that it pulled mad amps through the circuit, and blew my fuseable links

1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica T-Tops T3/T4
1987 Shelby CSX#193 T-II
1985 Dodge Omni GLH-T, Going Super 60

"F$#! even in the future nothing works!"-Lord Helmet

Last edited by turbot11; 05-07-2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: cant spell
post #3 of 3 Old 05-07-2011, 08:24 AM
NAJ
Just A Guy

My Ride: 1990 Daytona Shelby
Engine: 2.2 L VNT
1/4: 15.570

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page