Looking for somebody who can repair digital cluster guages for 86 Daytona Turbo Z - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: '86 Daytona Turbo Z
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Question Looking for somebody who can repair digital cluster guages for 86 Daytona Turbo Z

1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z Digital Dash needs to be repaired. Mileage not showing anymore (Had 63k original miles) & 2 buttons do not work "TRIP" & "US/METER" (Buttons are loose) Can guy guys hook me up with somebody? A business or somebody who repairs dashes on the side??
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 89 daytona c/s
Engine: 2.5
Induct: Turbo

Re: Looking for somebody who can repair digital cluster guages for 86 Daytona Turbo Z

someone correct me if im wrong, but i think the mileage is stored by the computer, so if you get one from the wreckers, it should show the correct mileage.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 88 Daytona Rebuilt
Induct: N/A

Re: Looking for somebody who can repair digital cluster guages for 86 Daytona Turbo Z

Hey if you are still interested in getting those buttons working again, i have a quick and easy fix.
All you need is and old Dish Network Remote, has to be something close to a Dish network Remote since those buttons on that remote are about 1/4 inch thick. once you get that remote take it apart and remove the rubber pad from that remote, as you will see those buttons are just the right thickness and length you need to replace the broken pin in the old dash buttons.
Next you have to take apart the Speedo and remove the old plastic buttons with a needle nose pliers, once you removed them insert the rubber push buttons from the dish remote and put back together.
It works with out a hot iron and re-soldering new buttons back on. it is a quick and easy fix that works.
Quick note, not sure if any other remote works since i know the dish network remotes have that thick rubber pad.
Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 88 Daytona Rebuilt
Induct: N/A

here are a few quick pics of the repair.
https://www.turbododge.com/forums/mem...-14-02-59.html
https://www.turbododge.com/forums/mem...-14-03-30.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page