2 Piece Intake Manifold - Page 3 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction Topics about the general engine items, exhaust system discussed here & Improving the intake tract - air filter to intake valve.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 PM
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 1992 Daytona R/T
Engine: 2.2 TIII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Garage
Re: 2 Piece Intake Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjr3333 View Post
no. but you can tell it because the runners are huge and oval. not rounded off at the bottom like capital D's that fell over.
I just looked through all my manifolds and none are 655 ports. Sorry.
masterjr3333 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-03-2018, 09:22 PM
TD is love, TD is life

Engine: 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSATANSSEAT View Post
The fact that no one has really pushed the BMF to see what can be done yet.
No one seems to have a 8 valve cylinder head setup that can flow at higher RPM, which I believe that is what the BMF made for.

Mine and boostgeek are the only dynos I know of with 8 valves that makes the peak HP number AFTER 6000rpm.
INSATANSSEAT and My88C/S like this.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 AM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 86 S/C
Engine: 2.2 8V
1/4: 10.040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post

there's a 9- somthing second lazer on the other site that still uses the two piece bottom .. sooo upgrading the bottom half doesn't seem totally necessary
FYI the bottom half of that intake has 20 times the time and effort put into it that my modded 1 piece intake has! I highly doubt Anyone is ever going to port/mod a 2 piece lower even close to Warren's. ;)
INSATANSSEAT and My88C/S like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 AM
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 86 S/C
Engine: 2.2 8V
1/4: 10.040

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
No one seems to have a 8 valve cylinder head setup that can flow at higher RPM, which I believe that is what the BMF made for.

Mine and boostgeek are the only dynos I know of with 8 valves that makes the peak HP number AFTER 6000rpm.
This is something I too looked into 10 years ago when I dyno'd 480WHP @ 2 deg advanced on the stock 88 turbo roller cam.

Peak HP around 5900rpm and I knew all I had to do was retard cam a degree or two if I wanted to push it past 6000. My objective was power Under the curve and the Charger was gaining more on the back half at the track then almost any other TD I could compare it to at that time, so I left it exactly where it was. (add to this that my 061 Springs were pooched and the "flutter" above 6000rpm, was indeed valve float. I would soon discover this as, at the time, most including myself thought that flutter was my drive pressure choking the mtr with the stock exhaust mani!)

Always thought I would get to a point where I would need to retard for traction alone at the track, but we made it all this way running aggressive cam timing vs stock and finding where the power band really wanted to be.

Back to what I started to say; I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find a TD dyno that compared to the Chargers peak #'s back then, so even more surprising that all these years later, you can't find many now.

I think this is twofold;

On the one hand, it shows you that people aren't building for peak #'s and just to have a dyno # to brag about.(Don't take this wrong, cuz I'm Not talking about you here! I know you do Not fit into this category ; ))

On the other hand, the ones that Are out there, either don't dyno their cars, or do dyno, but don't post the info any more ;)

Robert Mclellan
11.33 @ 126.1mph MB's fastest SRT-4
10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.83 highest mph)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wambNdfnu5M
Manitoba's fastest 4cyl!
Worlds Fastest MTX Shelby Charger

Last edited by Shadow; 01-09-2018 at 08:39 AM.
post #35 of 35 Old 01-08-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Boostaholic

My Ride: '85 Dodge Daytona Z
Engine: 2.2L TI

This thread has really taken off and generated a lot of good info. Thanks for all the input. My original question was answered already. Thanks! Also, I sold the intake manifold. I'm would have kept it for myself, but it's going to be a few years until I would need it, maybe longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page