89' Minivan Bulkhead Pin out and 86' Omni Bulkhead Pin out Needed - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios This forum includes general electrical, modification, tuning, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of all components mentioned above including SMEC, SBEC, Logic Modules, aftermarket engine management, etc. Nitrous oxide posts go in here. This is the place

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-30-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

Engine: 135 CI
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

89' Minivan Bulkhead Pin out and 86' Omni Bulkhead Pin out Needed

I need the Pin out for the 89' Turbo Minivan's Bulkhead and the one for the 86' Omni GLH T1. Anyone know where I can get these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-31-2004, 01:08 AM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: Dodge Spirit R/T
Engine: 2.2L Turbo III

Public library in the reference section. Look for the Mitchell repair manuals. The wiring diagrams for the Caravan/Voyager aren't in the regular automobile reference books. There is another Mitchell repair book just for the trucks/vans. Plan on some quality time with the photocopier!
post #3 of 6 Old 07-31-2004, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

Thanks.

How long did it take you to modify the harness?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-31-2004, 01:54 AM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: Dodge Spirit R/T
Engine: 2.2L Turbo III

I got most of it done in a weekend. I would try to familiarize yourself with the harness and various circuits as much as possible before starting. The reason I modified a turbo Caravan harness for my Omni is because it was what I had laying around (free). I used the *entire* harness, and modified it so that it worked for my Omni. I had to splice on the correct headlight connectors, relocate relays and solenoids, and shorten some sections of it so it would fit better. The bulkheads also didn't match between my Omni and the Caravan. I had to splice on a 40-pin bulkhead so it would plug into my Omni. The 50-pin bulkhead that the Caravan used had a combination of small and large pins inside of the bulkhead. The 40-pin bulkhead connector that my Omni used had all large pins. To get around this mis-match, I unclipped each pin from the 50-pin bulkhead, and discarded the shell. The large pins were then simply reinserted into the correct pin location (for an '86 Omni) in a 40-pin bulkhead shell. For the small pins, I had to cut and splice on large pins, and then insert them into the correct position inside the 40-pin bulkhead.

In 1988, Chrysler decided to go with a 50-pin bulkhead for the Omni/Horizon. For an '88-up Omni, only the bulkhead pinout would need to be changed to make the turbo Caravan harness work.

Another way to go about the bulkhead mis-match problem is to make an adapter. I have made one of these and it allows you to plug an underhood harness with a 50-pin bulkhead into a car with a 40-pin firewall bulkhead. The reason I made one was because of the harness I made for another board member. I was converting the harness for him, but planned to use my '85 Omni GLH as the test-bed for the harness. I t was then that I learned that '88-up Omni's got the 50-pin bulkhead; but my '85 Omni GLH had a 40-pin. I made a bulkhead adapter harness out of some bulkhead shells and extra wiring I had laying around. It worked perfectly, except that it interfered with the clutch cable.

Jeremy Mitchell
86 Omni GLH Turbo
87 Shelby Lancer #127
91 Spirit R/T
post #5 of 6 Old 07-31-2004, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

Went to the library.... All they had were Chilton's manuals and they don't provide the pin out's for any of the cars.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1989 shadow es turbo

Re: 89' Minivan Bulkhead Pin out and 86' Omni Bulkhead Pin out Needed

when you find out let me know im taking a shadow harness into a carburated minivan and i need the pin reference, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page