So, It's been pretty busy the past few weeks. My lease ended 10 days ago, so I had to both move out and also attempt to get the engine back into the truck in about two days. How I pulled it off I do not know. I do owe a good amount to user: detobias as I lost the key for the crankshaft and he was able to send me one just in time to get the engine reassembled!
Unfortunately I had ordered a new Cometic head gasket about a month and a half ago but it did not arrive in time. Luckily I had a newer Felpro sitting around so I gave it a copper spray coating and threw it in. It's not what I wanted but it should work until I get bored enough to pull the head again.
I was able to get the engine back in on a Friday, and then spent the entirety of Saturday trying to get the darn thing to start. She would crank for about 5-7 seconds and then slowly catch and run with a terrible vacuum of 10 hg. I checked and rechecked the timing and was unsuccessful until about 10:30 at night when I gave in and posted on the Shelby Dodge Facebook group. Luckily my "Picture for attention" was actually useful and someone caught that I had my distributor mounted 180 degrees off..... Its been a while since I have felt that dumb but at the same time I'm glad I didn't assemble the internals incorrectly.
Engine in, engine runs, filled the bed and moved the heck out the next day! I ran 30 weight oil for about 10 miles and then went to the O'Reillys special which Ill have in for about another 100 or so. Oil pressure is about 5-7psi greater than it was in the past now that the oil restrictor has been installed. Hopefully I will not need to pull this engine again for some time... or ever again!!!
Will probably break her in for another 500-1000 miles and then try my luck at tuning for E85. Hopefully I will also be able to make it to SDAC this year for at least a day