Turbo Dodge Forums banner

87 shelby charger

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Dr. Johny Dodge 
#1 ·
well after sitting for three years it got it's first upgrade today

88-9 steering wheel nice , not leather sadly (had one but it went when I had to move)

25 bucks off ebay , another 25 for postage .. good enough for me

still need to fiddle some to get the clearance to the dash cluster hood but I had a four spoke 84 wheel in my turismo years ago so , already used to it

end of the month it's getting a nice set of early tail lamps

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
so..
back sometime mid 90's I scooped an 88 turbo K car harness and put it on stash in my basement where it stayed all those years in the same plastic bag and basket I found that day at the wreckers

so fast forward to last week

I pull it out of the bag and lay it out on the floor

mmm .. I have a problem...

I'm going to have to install ALL the fusible links as they ALL are missing

or a relay/fuse box ...

and I remember now using the alt and starter harness with an 88 lebaron compartment harness when I built the blue tz below back in the 90's

so I need them too

#5 ·
and.. a good night to report

it's been years since I pulled off a "midnight TD mission"

and this was a huge success

see, back in 2015 my house was sold
on moving day I had help that wasn't very helpful with it's thousand questions and no clue
- so , long story short .. I got distracted and forgot the really low mileage quick ratio 89 shelby daytona rack pump and brackets I had in my garage rafters...

sh...oot
I've been kicking myself since as it was only three years old when I scooped it back in 91

so I noticed yesterday the renters that have been in the place since shortly after I moved had packed up and disappeared

so me an the dog went for a walk.. and a snoop and a peek in the garage .. to see if the tie rod end was still hanging from the gap between the boards up in the rafters

so , there it was .. STILL just as I left it four years ago

I tried the door.. opened.. cool
well not being an a-hole I simply went and took back what's mine with no harm

after I pulled it down I noticed , huh , no pump
I thought there was a pump too...???

so a little peek from the far side of the garage and I can just make out a shadow up on the shelf that looks like a pump

I reach up and find the pump mounting brackets .. cool I know I had 'em
then I feel around (can't see) and I feel something large
what the heck ??

it's another rack ...?
I pulled it out further and found my pump still attached to my ZF rack
BONUS ... I WIN

and bonus prize I scooped a shelby charger rack I'd completely forgotten I had ...

house has seen better days .. before being rented for four years sadly ..

#6 ·
and that ^ has been a major thorn in my current project .. not having my rack , still.. as I want to install a modded daytona duel pivot K member .. without narrowing it

and thankfully I know where to pick up the K frame here in my own neighbourhood

now I need some 5 x 114 front hubs for my 93 knuckles and some 114 rear caravan hubs , spindles , brakes and some more modding to my trailing axle to enable mounting the van spindles ..

#7 ·
PICS!! .. it REALLY happened

like I said , knowing I had to go through the hassle of replacing this WAS holding my will to build back

yea .. yippie THAT problem is solved EASY AND FREE

... like it already would have been IF I hadn't forgotten it

hell I even trashed the crossmember that I now need .. because I no longer had the rack...

so , much frustration ... solved

and I just noticed today in the light I even have the complete clamp on mount for the rack , still on the rack

nice

oh , and that's 28 years worth of dry garage attic rust you're seeing
'cause that rack was almost spotlessly new when it went up there in '91

so even if it needs seals & such .. it has almost zero wear on it internally

... and .. DID I just find myself a minto alternator rubber isolator thingy ??

Attachments

#9 ·
I have wanted a Lola T70 since there were lola t70's ...so the right ticket would help .

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=6Z8gw36Y24s

I can't think of a better hobby race car than a T70
won lemans 50 years ago..and has been sorted by hundreds of people for fifty years since
they should be really good by now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.