Dream project since I realized turbo dodges existed... and just completed the main part of the puzzle!
'88 Dodge Aries-K, been watching this car for a loooong time, and I had word it went up for estate sale, and picked it up for $500.00 from a very kind gentleman and drove it 180km home a few weeks ago.
Specs... 35,000km, no it didn't roll the odometer over, this car has verified 35,000km. Elderly lady owned car, garage stored, undercoated and frequently maintained. Drove like a new car (80's) car.
Unsure of the engine size, engine was replaced 2 years ago due to blowing a freeze plug and overheating. After a quick inspection I suspect (fingers crossed) a 2.5L 90-up common block, and 782 head. This would be great, because it gives me a (3rd) usable turbo block and head with minor changes
Automatic, AM radio, bucket seats and even a map light! interior is immaculate and the chrome and rubbers are in fantastic shape staying out of the sun.
Has some rust here and there, was winter driven but the floors are perfect!
The plan, oh the plans!
- Built 2.5L Turbo block, Turbo II conversion, 14psi at first
- A555 5-speed conversion
- Upgraded front brakes, rear disc
- Daytona Shelby (or comparable) front & rear suspension
- 15" Crab Rims (already got them) considering gold w/ polished lip
- Mixture of daytona/k-car dash, some sort of center console
- Maybe - lebaron digital dash upgrade
- Fusible links switched to 90-up fuse block set-up
- Considering painted metallic black, tinted tail lights
- Considering lowering the car a couple inches
- No plans of body "modifications" besides possibly a subtle whale tail style rear spoiler, a daytona shelby/ES ground effect package adaptation is a slight consideration promoted by shelbyssrts...
Project will be slow, I need an actual garage first this round, parts collection and junkyard hunting will be key first and I will likely build/re-build the A555 transmission I have sitting around soon.