Digital Ditziness 84 Laser - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Electrical Help and Discussion area for any Electrical issues/diagrams.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1984 Chrysler Laser
Engine: 2.2L I-4
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Digital Ditziness 84 Laser

OK, Im finally able to start working on my Laser. Heres my issue... the Volt gauge in my digital dash, along with my information center always seems to read low voltage. A quick test shows Alternator output at around 13.47 V. The alternator looks pretty new (I didnt put it in) and the connections seem ok. Any ideas as to what the issue may be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 AM
NAJ
Just A Guy

My Ride: 1990 Daytona Shelby
Engine: 2.2 L VNT
1/4: 15.570

Re: Digital Ditziness 84 Laser

Since nobody else has replied...

I do not have the proper wiring for your vehicle, however...

Your voltage reading of 13.47 across the battery terminals shows the system is charging although slightly low, charging voltage is normally around the 13.7 - 14.0 range.
What is the voltage reading displayed on your cluster and info center?

You need to start by verify charging voltage at the battery feed on the rear of the alternator with all accessories turned off, then with an electrical load placed on the system (rear defogger, wipers, lights).
If charging voltage remains in the "normal" range then you need to find out where the cluster/info center get their voltage reading from and trace that wire to its beginning to see if you have a voltage drop on that circuit.

Do you have the FSM's for your vehicle?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Chrysl...ia!08094!US!-1

OR

https://www.alldatadiy.com/

Jan
1990 Daytona Shelby VNT

40 Years ASE Certified (Retired)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 AM
#DriveTastefully

My Ride: 89 Daytona Shelby TT
Engine: 2.5 TII
1/4: 0.000

Re: Digital Ditziness 84 Laser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliminatorTurbo View Post
OK, Im finally able to start working on my Laser. Heres my issue... the Volt gauge in my digital dash, along with my information center always seems to read low voltage. A quick test shows Alternator output at around 13.47 V. The alternator looks pretty new (I didnt put it in) and the connections seem ok. Any ideas as to what the issue may be?
Back probe the constant power (+) to connector grounds with power on to see if there are inconsistencies. ensure connctors/pins are not corroded.

If you need pinouts:

https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4...ona-laser.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page