Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Power window schematic for 1986 LeBaron

599 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ChryslerTC1986 
#1 ·
Evening gents and gurus, so it seems I have misplaced my trusty Haynes bible for my 1986 Chrysler T&C - and being just a newbie mechanic I'm in need of some help.

My power windows have simply stopped working. All switches on the driver's side do nothing (no motor sounds, no movement) as well as each individual switch per its pertaining door/window.

I did ensure the window lock was deactivated. I swapped in the 30A fuse for the seats in place of the 30A fuse for power windows (both fuses were operational) and still the windows did not move when switched. I attempted to check power on the Tan wire (as I assumed this was power) and only be back with .09 volts at the switch on drivers side.

I am horribly confused, perhaps I metered wrong?

If anyone has a wiring diagram I would be immensely grateful. if anyone has any input otherwise I will also be immensely grateful.

thanks!

#3 ·
Found the problem, it was the fusible link which had a wire that was compromised from the charging system up to where J10 wire met with the ignition switch. This explained why power windows, blower fan, and radiator fan coil stopped working. Phew!! Quick splice and we are allll good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.