Turbo Dodge Forums banner

89 CSX Fiber rides for sale

USA 
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  shelbymopar423 
#1 ·
Hi I have a set of 89 CSX fiber ride wheels for sale. I bought them many years ago as a back up set for my CSX (#423). They are in good condition but are not perfect. No cracks and they do hold air. The center caps are missing so they will not be included in the sale.
I am looking for $1100 for the set. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thank You
Alex

local pick up only, may consider meeting half way or possible delivery for additional cost if you are interested in that as well.

My CSX may also be for sale soon so if anyone is interested in that as will feel free to let me know as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a note to any potential buyers and the seller for that matter...

From experience, it is ALMOST impossible to remove a hammer on wheel weight from a Fiberide wheel w/o also removing a chunk of the outer edge of the wheel. A typical wheel weight remover tool will poke right into the fiber and pull out a piece 1-3" long if you wind up with a tech that has no idea what these wheels are or how to work with them. I suggest that you either try to remove them yourself with an appropriate tool, or use a cut off wheel as close to the rubber of the tire as possible to get the weight off then let the remaining tab just fall away when the tire is removed or pull it out with some needle nose vice grips. I had a clown at the local tire store ruin a perfectly good lip on my set even after being told face to face to not jerk the weight off, but to carefully remove it being very careful to not touch the edge of the wheel with the weight hammer.

I've told the story before here, and as some of you may know, I watched through the window as the fool simply grabbed the first wheel off the pile of Fiberides from my car that he had made, took the weight tool in his hand, stuck it on the weight and gave it a good clean jerk...then looking up to see if I was watching him and had seen him ruin the wheel. To be brief, I shouted "STOP!" and everyone in the showroom heard it! I walked up the the desk (like 3 steps) asked them to just put the wheels back on my car and told them I would get my new shoes somewhere the tech could follow simple instructions and told the service writer he will be fortunate if I don't actually sue him and/or his shop for ruining a rare and virtually unavailable Shelby wheel. He apologized and said it might be a better idea if I took my custom wheels on down the road anyway.

Just a word of warning about Fiberides and hammer on wheel weights. Tape on only for the Fiberides!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.