Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Ebay NOS A555

Transmission 
2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ajakeski 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Cool, lets hope its not a warranty core that was to be sent back to Chrysler back in 1987. ad claims its never been mounted in a car, all the pictures omit angles that would show where the bolt heads would leave marks if installed. throw out bearing installed? whats all the purple stuff in the bell housing? i donno, great find anyway.

#5 ·
not a mark on the throwout bearing so .. new

transmissions came with the bearing and arm assembly in them it seems - as my new still in crate 588 also has them , and I think the bracket for the rear damper (bobble shock) .. which also has no bolt mark on top

I've been considering painting the inside of my still clean case with the same paint as a crankcase gets .. just so my fluid changes REALLY mean something as no micro bits of metal would be soaked into the case

#10 ·
it's .., about 1000 bucks more without the brown storage / age film on it
wow $1400, good luck with that sale....
14 hun is fair for BRAND NEW

250 for a loose sloppy grenade waiting to go off for no reason .. that can be expensive
$1500 tranny, $1200+ Quaife, $450 clutch/PP, another misc. $500 or so for cables, shifter, flywheel, mounts, freight, etc. and you've got one expensive tranny.

At least half of all TD owners don't have that much $ in their entire vehicle. Won't surprise me at all to see this go unsold. On the other hand, I remember when my last a525 let go. A555 were very new then. None to be found in salvage yards. It was around $3000 net for a brand new one back around 1990 or so.

#11 ·
LOL
I bought cindy's 5 eighty eight

I bought one of TU's quafie's

= $5400 cdn at the door

I had a 92/3 daytona shifter..
I bought a neon shifter so I can add the hurst shifter deal

I'm just thankful I found NOS 523/568 shifter cables posted f/s here about 15 minutes after they got put up for sale .. for 65 bucks

and on all of that I have to include shipping to T-O , 13% tax , brokerage and a currently 35 ish % exchange

aaaaand I still need GOOD axles and a GOOD clutch , just to put it in my car

so , not to brag but honestly about TEN K cdn$ total to get from the end of the crank to the splines in the front hubs... ouch
...so, IF I seem slow to produce much , you know why ..lol

- which , with a stone cold stock shelby charger IS the first mod I'd like to get done
simply to see what a 3.69 first gear and the 4"08 FD will do to the way the car drives
(vs the 555's 3.29 & 3:86)

LOl
I actually bought the trans and diff 2-3 years before I bought my car
.. which I had already saved the add for quite some time
simply because new transmissions don't fall from the sky often and there will ALWAYS be another car .. somewhere
- saved the car's add 3-4 years .. so I figure not only did I get it for half asking I got 3-4 years free storage to boot

and the guy even loaded it on his trailer , dragged it over and parked it in my driveway before he knocked on the door ....

#12 ·
Cool! I picked up a NOS A525 2 years ago for next to nothing, sits on the shelf looking pretty, it actually had no flash rust yet on the bare metal parts! Going to use the case and some internals for a A555 hybrid rebuild. Came with a NOS 1990 2.5T which is now in my Daytona

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.