OMNI GLH Race Car Project - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Parts For Sale Post your turbo dodge parts for sale here. TD-specific items only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

My Ride: audi a4,omni,280zxt
Engine: 1.8t,2.2t,2.8t
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

OMNI GLH Race Car Project

Car was purchased in 2009 with intentions to run in PTB in NASA. The car did have some minor work already completed but needed significant modifications to make it legal for Racing. I completed much of the work in about 1 year but since then have had 0 time to finish the project because of career commitments. The car has some race only parts on it that can be sold with the car or kept for my future projects. Car has never been started, everything is still brand new, there are 0 miles on any of the parts. Literally every nut and bolt has been replaced with better fasteners with the intent of things having to come back apart for routine service work. I have all of the parts, there is just a little fab work that still needs to be completed. I have another race car and a company to run so I no longer have the time. I would be willing to help make parts to finish the car if custom pieces are necessary. I was / am a certified GTAW / GMAW welder, a CNC Machinist / Programmer, Sheet Metal Fabricator, SAE Certified Technician and Licensed Race car driver so I can pretty much do anything automotive. The following are areas that I have improved:

Engine / Trans:
Stock short block – was running when removed
Mopar Performance Head gasket
Mopar Performance Double Valve Springs
Cam from the TBI Cars – known for best lift and duration profile
Basic port matching done on head to improve flow
All new gaskets / seals
Custom SS ported turbine housing and manifold setup for Turbonetics “Evolution” external wastegate
(tested on another car, much quicker spool, no boost creap)
FWD Performance Turbo Oil Line Kit
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
All new performance Mounts
Custom XS Performance Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Radiator – not yet installed
OBX limited slip with turbos unleashed bolt kit
FWD performance Clutch kit
523 Trans with shift cables instead of shift rods

Fuel:
Fuel Safe 15 gallon cell with -10 lines
Aeromotive FPR
Turbos unleased Fuel Rail
Mopar Performance 70lb Injectors
Walbro Pump 255, not yet mounted still deciding what route to go
Chassis:
6 Point cage with x bar to satisfy NASA Requirements – some welding still needs to be completed
Sparco Seat Brackets for Slider
Daytona RT front sway Bar
Spirit RT front Uprights and Brakes with HAWK Pads, 11” Rotors
New 4 bolt Wheel Bearings, best for track use
Steering Rack currently not in car, was working on bump steer and heim joint setup
Koni Coil Overs with #400 Race springs
Camber / Caster Plates
Dakota Brake Master Cylinder – Not yet installed with proportioning valve.
SS Brake Lines

Electronics / Interior
Newer Wiring harness for the newer ecu & chip to be run with the FWD Performance Tune
Custom Sheet Metal Dash
Pickup points for 5 / 6 point harness with sub belts

I think that is everything, I will edit if I find any mistakes or answer any other questions. I would very much like to finish this car but I don’t see it in my immediate future and need the garage space. I have a bunch of pictures of the car and the build process, let me know if you would like to see them.

4.5k...obo

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 84,85,88,89 Aries/Re
Engine: Havent decided yet
Induct: N/A

Re: OMNI GLH Race Car Project

Could we see some pictures of this ....
post #3 of 3 Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

My Ride: audi a4,omni,280zxt
Engine: 1.8t,2.2t,2.8t
Induct: Turbo

Re: OMNI GLH Race Car Project

there are probably a few more pictures in the album in my profile. The fuel cell at this point is not included in the sale price as well as the seat. These two items are almost 2k. I have a lot of parts, I am pretty sure i have everything to get this thing going, just need room for my other race car.

Last edited by samstuardracing; 12-17-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: more pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
glh omni , omni - glh , race car , race engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page