84 Rampage Windshield Chrome Trim Piece - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Parts Wanted Post the turbo dodge parts you are looking for here. TD-specific items only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: S/C
1/4: 0.000

84 Rampage Windshield Chrome Trim Piece

Looking for a particular section of windshield chrome trim for my 84 Rampage. It's the drivers side upper piece. Need in A or B grade condition, pics if you have it would be very helpful.

Don't respond with just a list of part numbers. Applicable part number WITH PRICE please and confirmed availability.

Have other sections willing to trade for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-26-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Level 2 Supporter

Re: 84 Rampage Windshield Chrome Trim Piece

Here's a pic of what I'm looking for:

https://goo.gl/photos/h5EJu7wxBC5XTuyc6
post #3 of 6 Old 07-04-2016, 12:41 AM
TD New Guy

There is a Dodge Scamp or Rampage in the U-Pull-It in Rogers Arkansas. I will check probably on Tuesday as I go past it coming home from work. I will chack to see if that is available. Someone here also wants a turn signal I will check for.

I myself am looking for the steering knuckles from an 86 Omni GLH to convert over a regular 88 Plymouth Horizon to bigger front brakes and of course, the bigger bearing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-04-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Level 2 Supporter

@AngelesRunner , thank you very much for thinking of my need when you're at the junkyard. If you can get at least the two pieces along the drivers side, I would happily compensate you for your effort and shipping expense. They can bend rather easily though (voice of experience here).

I have a few spare items that may interest you as well. Would be glad to send your way at no charge if you want any of them.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-05-2016, 03:53 PM
TD New Guy

The car at U-Pull-It is an 82 Rampage. The top piece of the molding is divided in the middle of the windshield and at the upper corners so there are two top pieces and two side pieces. I think that the piece along the bottom of the windshield is also in two halves making a total of 6 pieces around the windshield. Does this sound like it matches what is on your car?

Noted: It matches the picture you referenced above but what TWO pieces are you looking for?

The top horizontal piece on the driver's side is somewhat discolored a reddish brown with the color darker towards the center. Funny though, the top piece on the passenger's side is bright and shiny. Do you want me to try and snap a picture or two on Wednesday or Thursday?

How do you get the molding off of the glass?

Last edited by AngelesRunner; 07-05-2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: More info
post #6 of 6 Old 07-05-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Level 2 Supporter

I need the top piece that is divided and curves at the end on the right. Then the vertical piece that is attached to it that runs horizontal along the driver's side edge. The bottom of the windshield is one long piece and do not need that.

They are held by metal clips attached to the frame of the windshield. Pry gently with a small flat screwdriver along the bottom. The trim has an inside track at the top that holds the trip in place. You will hear a snap when it is loosened from the bottom. Once you have the curved part open the straight part should allow you to slide it off the clips.

Hope that helps. Just take some time, don't be in a hurry and try to be gentle at first. Let me know how it goes. Once one piece is off it will be easier to get the second piece off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page