1987 Shelby Lancer #415 was an automatic/leather car we switched to A520 5 speed but still kept the leather door panels but retains the cloth seats. Shelby Lancer #196 (5 speed, frame damage and rot) bit the dust to bring #415 back to life.
This is a nice well-rounded car. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive anywhere with it. Its always been reliable and well cared for by me and my son. We spent quality time doing the 5-speed conversion correctly and flawless.
• All Shelby items present. 117k miles which I believe are to be correct
• Fresh flash red paint around 2015. Still looks awesome but a few chips and very minor scratches in places
• Sourced a flawless front lower air dam and installed during painting
• 2015 - 89 2.2 common block from 89 Z. Balance shafts removed. Bottom end was freshened up with new rings, mains, rod bearings, oil pump shaft bearings, etc. I’m almost positive crank is forged and not cast. I don’t have the original motor or auto trans. 2.5 pan with internal baffles removed and oil pump hole widened
• 2015 - Early water pump with notched oil pan. I never liked the 89 styles as I do this to all my 2.2 & 2.5 turbo motors
• 2015 - cross drilled head had standard valve job at my local shop I’ve used for 25 years. I know for a fact it has an 88 tbi cam in it as I found an 88 omni in the yard and installed it.
• 2015 - Fresh TU garret turbo with new braided lines. 2.5 swing valve and not 2.25. Some shaft play in it now but doesn’t smoke.
• 2015 – A520 installed with resurfaced flywheel and new TU stage 1 clutch. Transmission bracket modified for shorter shifts
• 2015 – 2.5 TU downpipe and not the 2.25
• 2015 – rear disc brake conversion from 89 shelby Z.
• Cloth seats with leather door panels
• LED dash lights conversion
• 16 Pumper wheels perfect in every way and flawless. Meats installed in 2015. 90% thread left
• Shelby Valve cover
• All power windows work, some inner and out felts have seen better days. Spare doors included that have these but still are not the best.
• Neon strut bar modified to fit
• 2015 - Magnacores and NGK-GR5’s
• 2015 – New Spectra tank and hanger assembly. Fresh Walbro 255 installed at that time
• 2018 – new battery
• Shelby Lancer steering column is not in it. It suffered from the loose wheel syndrome. I yanked it an installed an 89 Z column and transferred the lancer steering wheel over. It works but it doesn’t sit well in the dash cradle, therefore wheel is slightly offset to driver’s side. I’m almost positive I still have the original column and will go with sale. At the time it was a quicker fix.
• A small portion of driver’s side floor pan has been fixed and repaired well by me. All frame rails just fine, see pics
• Shelby Lancer radio and amps long gone, aftermarket radio in it works, but needs longer antenna wire.
• One area of lower rear wheel well is starting to bubble, see pics
• Cat deleted
• Map sensor code often, power loss light on every now and then. We haven’t really diagnosed it.
• Rear metal fuel lines are not the best. They have been spliced with fuel injection hose and fuel injection clamps in 2 bad areas
• I will redo the lower turbo air hose as we as my son did this mod and it isn’t correct.
Parts included with sale:
• 2017 - totally fresh new garret rebuilt by TU. .48 housing and it has a 2.5 swing valve (not 2.25). Its still new in box and never mounted to anything. It is included with sale ($600.00 value)
• Spare Shelby lancer hood from 196
• 4 spare doors from 196
• 1989 Lancer Shelby upper rear spoiler goes with car. It’s a white spoiler and not red.
• 4 Shelby Lancer rims go with you
• 5 speed complete center console purchased from Cindy before I located donor car ($150.00 value)
• 4 Shelby Lancer cloth door panels included with sale
• Many other small misc. parts included that are lancer specific.
If you have question please ask. Don’t post here asking for spare parts but please send me a PM if needing something. I’m a part whore and probably have 3 of everything.