Official Rampage/Scamp Thread - Page 26 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Exterior Restoration, or topics about the exterior

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #376 of 558 Old 06-03-2017, 09:39 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.5 153cc
1/4: 0.000

Garage
Re: Official Rampage/Scamp Thread

Before I touched it...

The head. I've never seen a roller rocker get ejected like that. It beat the hell out of everything else inside. Oh, it's also got a 1986 2.5 from a Dodge Aries swapped into it.

The back end. It's in alright shape I suppose.
[IMGhttp://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah165/anchorconstitutioneagle/20170602_135119_zpstxvpjqio.jpg[/IMG]

Haven't looked all these up yet. But I will on a rainy day.

The VIN tag. I'm going to have to see about the proper course of action if I wanted to build my own dash and put this tag on it.

My buddy helping and learning as we get into the front end. Rebuilding the suspension and brakes. Already pulled the motor and all the interior minus the seats and electrical harness. Left that in so I can t/s some electrical issues.

Some side notes... I know I already said this, but is there anything desirable from the factory AC that I should keep in case anyone else wants them? I literally just want heat. Any other parts period that people want me to save?

Any parts that people would kill to have? I've read through this whole thread and door seals seem to be a big deal. Would you guys be interested in me making some from EPDM? It would take a while to make a proper first set, but I could definitely do it. Also, any other parts that are "unobtainable" like rear window trim clips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 558 Old 06-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: Scamp GT

Look closely at the pop rivet's that hold that vin tag on. See the little notches on the rivet heads. Find those F/S(which they are) and do what you have to do and zip it on that issue. Use regular rivet's and you will for ever be treading thin ice and wondering when you'll go for a frosty swim with heavy fines, Jer
post #378 of 558 Old 06-04-2017, 12:58 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

I'm not trying to get into a discussion on the VIN, but I know there is a way to go through the state highway patrol VIN and properly document a change in the tag. Just like when people build a custom vehicle and have to apply for a VIN from the state. I have done it once before, but I just wanted to throw it out there that it's on my list of things to do.

I am having an issue finding out what a couple wires are in the harness. The service manual doesn't seem to cover my gauges... I don't know if they aren't original or what but I'll take some photos of what I need help identified.

Also, has anyone swapped a small bench seat into one of these? I just love bench seats. I was thinking something like a divided one with an armrest out of a 77 or 78 olds. I'll probably have to build it myself, but if there is one out there that actually fits, that would save me some work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #379 of 558 Old 06-05-2017, 11:06 AM
TD New Guy

Garage

I'm having a bit of difficulty finding the right lower radiator hose. I have factory AC, the 2.5 from a 96 Dodge Aries in it and a new radiator. I tried looking at gates 21264, but the contour seems different. Would anyone mind looking at theirs to see if it is the same as mine is and recommending a hose? (I'll post photos here shortly)
post #380 of 558 Old 06-05-2017, 07:27 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1986 GLHS 127
Engine: 2.2
Induct: N/A
1/4: 25.000

hey Wes this Dave lewis I will gladly take the rear rampage bumper. PM me on thread and i can give phone and email for contact.

what to get this on the road and safety inspection in mass requires bumpers!
post #381 of 558 Old 06-12-2017, 02:09 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

Hey Dave, I tried emailing you. Never heard back.

On another note, I sanded down some rust spots on the body and put primer on them, finished rebuilding the head, rebuilt the HVAC housing, removed the entire AC system, fixed the gauges not working, removed the fuel vapor system, replaced the wheel bearings and painted the knuckles, coated the exhaust manifold, painted the camshaft sprocket and some more that I can't recall. I will post pictures once I really make some headway on installing it all. I came across an odd problem when I was replacing the LCAs though... Apparently the Moog LCAs are oversized by .075" to compensate for worn knuckles? And some other manufacturers are as well. Made me pretty upset when I went to install them and they clearly werent going to fit without reaming out the knuckle. So I returned them and ordered Rare Parts ball joints that I'll be pressing into the original arms after I paint them as well.

Parts awaiting installation: water pump and timing belt, rear brake lines, front brake lines, caliper rebuild kits, brembo brakes, all new engine sensors, full engine gasket set, EGR block off plate, heater core, thermostat, ignition coil, spark plugs and wires, radiator hoses, brake pedal pad, cat delete pipe, Mopar performance head gasket, new head bolts, and I am sure I am missing some other things.

Kind of sad that I am doing all of this work on parts that I'll be stripping from the it here in a couple years.
post #382 of 558 Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 AM
TD New Guy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Henderson View Post
Before I touched it...

The head. I've never seen a roller rocker get ejected like that. It beat the hell out of everything else inside. Oh, it's also got a 1986 2.5 from a Dodge Aries swapped into it.

The back end. It's in alright shape I suppose.
[IMGhttp://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah165/anchorconstitutioneagle/20170602_135119_zpstxvpjqio.jpg[/IMG]

Haven't looked all these up yet. But I will on a rainy day.

The VIN tag. I'm going to have to see about the proper course of action if I wanted to build my own dash and put this tag on it.

My buddy helping and learning as we get into the front end. Rebuilding the suspension and brakes. Already pulled the motor and all the interior minus the seats and electrical harness. Left that in so I can t/s some electrical issues.

Some side notes... I know I already said this, but is there anything desirable from the factory AC that I should keep in case anyone else wants them? I literally just want heat. Any other parts period that people want me to save?

Any parts that people would kill to have? I've read through this whole thread and door seals seem to be a big deal. Would you guys be interested in me making some from EPDM? It would take a while to make a proper first set, but I could definitely do it. Also, any other parts that are "unobtainable" like rear window trim clips?

if you can make door seals, sign me up for a set! mine are absolutely shot.
post #383 of 558 Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff84 View Post
if you can make door seals, sign me up for a set! mine are absolutely shot.
I'll need to play around with some different EPDMs but I have done it before. The hard part will be making a proper mould. I'll update as I go.
post #384 of 558 Old 06-13-2017, 08:46 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 83 Scamp
Engine: 2.2 w/ a carb
1/4: 21.500

If you make seals, I'm in. PM me when you do.
post #385 of 558 Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 AM
TD New Guy

Garage

So the PO de idea to remove the nozzles and lines for the windshield washer fluid. I can tell where they are supposed to be, but have no idea what the original nozzles looked like. If someone could post some clear photos of them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Random hilarity: I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what these two brackets were on the frame. Well, I stumbled upon it in the fsm. It turns out the original dealership must have forgotten to remove them as they are the original tie down brackets used for transporting the vehicle.

Irt the seals, I'll probably make smaller test pieces first, like from the doors by the mirrors. But full sets may be a while before I can do them. I just made it back fromy a deployment but I am being redeployed.
post #386 of 558 Old 06-14-2017, 09:10 AM
Level 1 Supporter

My Ride: 83 Scamp GT
1/4: 17.200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Henderson View Post
Random hilarity: I have been scratching my head trying to figure out what these two brackets were on the frame. Well, I stumbled upon it in the fsm. It turns out the original dealership must have forgotten to remove them as they are the original tie down brackets used for transporting the vehicle.
That must have been fairly common. My Scamp still had those bracket on when I bought it (28 years ago). I too discovered what they were for from the FSM, and promptly removed them...

The washer nozzles are a simple piece of metal tubing with the end mostly squeezed shut. They stick through the vent in the hood. Looking at the spray end, it kind of looks like a 8. The center is just about sqeezed shut. I'll have to see if I can get a decent picture of mine...
post #387 of 558 Old 06-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: S/C

Wes, I want to thank you for your service helping to defend and protect our country. 🇺🇸
post #388 of 558 Old 06-15-2017, 09:58 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1986 GLHS 127
1/4: 25.000

Wes, I have emailed you back a couple of days ago about the bumper and gave a price. I still need the bumper!!!

dlewis
post #389 of 558 Old 06-16-2017, 03:28 AM
TD New Guy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwest View Post
Wes, I want to thank you for your service helping to defend and protect our country. ����
I am honored to do so. Thank you for your support.

Dave, I apologize. My Lincoln Navigator fried it's fuse box, associated PCBs and another module. I had to replace components, test circuits, and rebuild parts of the cards. Meanwhile I am on leave, at home with my three children while my wife is taking a vacation. I had to balance a lot. I'm pulling it off tomorrow though and getting a shipping quote.
post #390 of 558 Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

The head is rebuilt, in and almost good to go.

Made my EGR block off plates and painted them.

More photos to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page