Official Rampage/Scamp Thread - Page 32 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Exterior Restoration, or topics about the exterior

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #466 of 558 Old 02-10-2018, 08:27 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.5 153cc
1/4: 0.000

Garage
Very odd whatever is going on... The code 13 disappeared after removing the negative. But my code 22 came and went. Switched back to my stock cts and it was still there until I left it disconnected, started the car, reconnected while running and then disconnected the battery negative. She's starting up again with no codes, but I'm not certain why. I just hope she doesn't break down on me. No offense guys, but I can't wait to put a fresh Cummins in her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #467 of 558 Old 02-19-2018, 02:22 PM
TD New Guy

Garage
So I figured out the cause. Not sure as to why exactly, but it's my HIDs. When firing up the ballasts within the first minute or so of starting her up, it triggers the code for the MAP. I wired it with its own power wire and in-line fuse, but if I were to guess, I would say it is because of the battery being a cheap AutoZone one that's about five years old. Hopefully dropping in an Optima will fix the issue. Or just remember to wait before kicking them on in the meantime.

A question though... Has anyone converted to a different kind of door latch. I've had two different sets in the doors, but both seem to be stretched. I know it's not the rods, but the latch itself has stress lines in the levers. And being grade 8, trying to correct them just results in the metal shearing. I would love to have latches that I can actually replace over time. But ours are weird in how the actual bear claw is outside the door, but the lever assembly is inside it.
post #468 of 558 Old 02-19-2018, 02:28 PM
TD New Guy

Garage
One more thing... One of my front springs has sagged quite a bit and I would like to level it out and get it back to the correct ride height. I can find struts, but none with springs. Before I buy shocks all around though, I wanted to know if I needed to convert the fronts to some other kind; like the neons or something. Or is there another make with springs I can order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #469 of 558 Old 02-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 83 Rampage Base Carb
Engine: 2.2

Garage
Re: Official Rampage/Scamp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Henderson View Post
One more thing... One of my front springs has sagged quite a bit and I would like to level it out and get it back to the correct ride height. I can find struts, but none with springs. Before I buy shocks all around though, I wanted to know if I needed to convert the fronts to some other kind; like the neons or something. Or is there another make with springs I can order.
The parts manual shows different spring numbers depending on the transmission and whether it has AC. Looks like the
same numbers for Charger & Omni. Maybe a search for Omni springs??? I'm sure someone out there has better advice for
you however... Let us know what you find, I'll probably have to replace mine also when I get to the suspension!
post #470 of 558 Old 02-19-2018, 04:33 PM
TD New Guy

Garage
I noticed that there were different parts for w/ AC and w/o AC, but I wonder how important that really is. Furthermore, mine had AC but I removed it. So I suppose I should buy ones for w/o AC.
post #471 of 558 Old 02-19-2018, 06:49 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

Maybe for the weight? But surely the compressor & condenser don't add that much weight. Perhaps just 80's Detroit engineering!
post #472 of 558 Old 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1984 Dodge Rampage
Induct: N/A

Hi everyone. I am considering selling my Rampage. Before I eBay it, I was wondering if someone here may be interested. It's a 1984 and it is in great shape. The previous owner spent a fortune restoring it. I played with it for a summer and now I am thinking about moving on. I have way too many projects right now. I was also going to Shelby it up a little and have actually secured a nice set of Shelby seats and door panels as well as a center console. If anyone is interested, I have tons of pictures and some parts (I started hoarding and so did the previous owner) and memorabilia I will throw in to this group. It has 130K on it, but it's been restored and rebuilt. Here's a picture of when I bought it. Only difference now is that I have refinished Dodge Aries wheels on it. I have the original wheels and centers. I also have a set of fender skirts! Thanks everyone. Give me a call if interested at 518-573-2372. John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	245434  

Last edited by johnnyride; 03-05-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: TYPOS
post #473 of 558 Old 03-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: S/C

johnnyride, you would be better off posting this in the cars for sale section.

Cars For Sale - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
post #474 of 558 Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1984 Dodge Rampage
Induct: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwest View Post
Thanks and will do!
post #475 of 558 Old 03-12-2018, 03:45 AM
TD New Guy

Garage
*Sigh*... Has anyone changed the door latches to some other kind of setup? The two piece mechanism and bear claw is a pain. My latch mechanism is stretched and the only temporary fix was to weld small beads onto the tabs that press other levers. Trying to bend them back normally just breaks them. I would love to put something in that swaps in rather easily without having to do much welding on the door. However, if I have to, I may just use a universal bear claw latch setup.
post #476 of 558 Old 01-14-2019, 03:02 AM
TD Hardcore User!

I should know the answer to this but old age hasn't been kind to my memory.

After deciding no more projects, a rust free 1984 Rampage sneaked into my yard back in July.

I want to closely duplicate the black 1984 below that I regretfully sold a few years back.

A Shelby Charger hood and nose are what I'm using, no air dam, skirts erc

Then I had a stroke in August and lost the use of my left hand.

Recently a friend removed the 4 headlight nose and set the 2 headlight nose in place.

The nose seems to fit over the rebar but it sticks out about 3" too far.

I only have the 4 headlight rebar so I Don't have a 2 headlight unit to compare.

It appears if I get shorter rebar/bumper brackets the nose will fit??

When I did my last one years ago I got a nose/rebar complete and shoved it on.

The 4 headlight cover was cracked so I threw it away complete with rebar and didn't compare them.

Anyone do anything similar recently?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S (2).JPG
Views:	29
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	252623  

86 GLH S60
86 GLHS 373
89 Turbo Minivan
83 Rampage Turbo
post #477 of 558 Old 02-15-2019, 12:09 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

Hit a deer. Going to be my daily again.
post #478 of 558 Old 02-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

Oh those F'ing deer!
I think that I saw a fender on Ebay some where...

Welcome to TurboDodge by the way!
post #479 of 558 Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM
TD New Guy

Garage

Thanks for having me.
There is a salvage yard pretty close by with all kinds of donors. I was hoping to find a seat that is more comfortable and doesn't sit up so high while I was there. Tilt column would be nice but it sounds like it would take tons of fab work to make anything work.

Tonight I plan on tinkering with the weber carb some more. Has a slight hesitation and the auto choke doesn't disengage by itself (not sure if its suppose to)

I was talking to a coworker about a seat. He has a 96 camaro seat I'm going to try.
post #480 of 558 Old 02-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

I just rebuilt my Holley 5220 and installed it yesterday. I've had a no start issue for
the last 2 months and thought it was a fuel issue. Dirty tank/lines (cleaned & painted).
Gummed up carb (from 16 month old gas). Rebuilt. Turns out dingle-headed me had
the crankshaft aligned at BDC instead of TDC. Car finally started TODAY after almost 18 months
of restore in my gravel driveway. Engine sounds fairly smooth but that might be me being
optimistic. No radiator fan coming on though. About to go out and check on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page