Official Rampage/Scamp Thread - Page 33 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Exterior Restoration, or topics about the exterior

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #481 of 561 Old 02-18-2019, 06:23 PM
TD New Guy

1/4: 0.000

wiring electrical for a 1984 Rampage

Hello
I have a 1984 Rampage and the electrical need to be redone. Someone directed wire the radiator fan to a switch in the cab. a wire keeps burning out. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know how to repair all the wires? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 561 Old 02-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Boostaholic

My Ride: 83 Rampage Base Carb
Engine: 2.2

Garage
Re: wiring electrical for a 1984 Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhoff View Post
Hello
I have a 1984 Rampage and the electrical need to be redone. Someone directed wire the radiator fan to a switch in the cab. a wire keeps burning out. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know how to repair all the wires? Thank you
Welcome to TurboDodge!

So there's another Rampage here in Texas, very good. I'm east of Denton.

You're best bet would be to get the Factory Service Manuals (2 books):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Chrysl...THC:rk:46:pf:0

One of them (Electrical) has the wiring diagrams and also figures of the harness routing.
There's more of them on Ebay…

I had to redo my front harness and replace some wires and connectors. Spliced, soldered & heat-shrinked using the same color & gauge wire. Used split loom tubing (nylon not the cheap stuff, it'll melt) to finish it off as per the manual's figures. In hindsight I should have taken the harness out of the car and saved my back lots of pain! Be careful of the connectors, they're brittle. Clean all the contacts and apply dielectric grease to them. This may seem to be a lot of work now but it'll save you time later looking for electrical gremlins.
Good luck!

Last edited by John83Rampage; 02-18-2019 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Welcome to TD
post #483 of 561 Old 02-19-2019, 09:47 AM
TD New Guy

Re: Official Rampage/Scamp Thread

Thank you for the help. I'm not too far from Denton (North Dallas). I'll check out the books
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 561 Old 02-19-2019, 10:15 AM
Boostaholic

Garage

I have the '83 manuals but I believe that some things changed in '84.
For example, you can get codes by turning the key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON (not start) within 5 seconds and my '83 is unable to do this.
Check out this link for the Factory Parts Manual:

http://www.glmwpg.com/ServiceManuals/84p.PDF

If you have any questions feel free to post them. I and others I'm sure will be glad to help!
post #485 of 561 Old 02-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Boostaholic

Garage

Here's a scanned copy of the fan wiring out of my '83 book:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan wiring.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	253149  
post #486 of 561 Old 02-19-2019, 09:06 PM
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: S/C

Welcome David (Hassle) Hoff to the wonderful world of the Rampage. I have an 84 myself, but it's far from stock. When I bought it, it had a manual switch under the dash for the fan. I wasn't used to that, and there were times I left it on and drained the battery, or the times the temp gauge kept climbing and had to pull over and pull a Homer (DOH).

I cut the switch and installed a Flex-A-Lite top of the line fan controller and it's so much better. Variable speed, temp sensor, and runs the fan Cor a short time after the engine stops to cool down the engine.

I wished there were more Rampage owners here in Central Texas. Must be all those wide open spaces up there.

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.
post #487 of 561 Old 02-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: Scamp GT

I used to live on the corner of Gallant Fox & 1826 just south of 280 west of Oak Hill. I left TWO '83 Scamps in one of the wrecking Yards on South Congress when My Bride and I re-located north ah few years back. We moved 6 Mopars and I just couldn't justify another trip back for the last two. Probably been recycled to China by now. I know of one guy in San Antonio that has a 'Page. Try to hook up with the S.A. Mopar Club. Much friendly'er then The Austin Mopar E+B Body bunch. Back then I was into A+C+& L body's and they wouldn't even talk to me, Jer
post #488 of 561 Old 02-20-2019, 05:04 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
I used to live on the corner of Gallant Fox & 1826 just south of 280 west of Oak Hill.
There in Ft Worth? They've done tons of construction around there and are still at it. You wouldn't know which way is where now!

Hey, anyone know where to get the clips for the black metal trim that goes outside below the back window? A fellow member sold me the trim piece but I'm needing those clips...
Thanks for any info!
post #489 of 561 Old 03-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

Ok all you Rampage owners, please help me on the following:

Got my '83 without the storage tray nor the moulding underneath the window. Thanks to a fellow member I now have both. From looking at the parts manual and finding only 2 images on the net it appears that there is carpet attached to the rear body panel from the tray upwards to the moulding.

Is this correct?

If so, does the carpet have some sort of backing to hold it up? How is it attached?

Secondly, what about the jack instruction labels? Surely these weren't covered up or were they placed in another spot? But where? There isn't any other place that I can tell.

Trying to do a restore so any help or info will be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3988.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	253379  
post #490 of 561 Old 03-23-2019, 09:36 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1982 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.4 SRT-4
Induct: Turbo

carpet in my 82 is attached to cardboard material (like door panels) and then backed with carpet pad for sound proofing. the cardboard sandwiched in the middle has two 'ears' or tabs, sheet metal screws go through these into the raised portion under the window and are covered with the trim piece. best of luck with the resto.
I think everyone has deserted this thread and moved on to another.

Tom
John83Rampage likes this.
post #491 of 561 Old 03-23-2019, 09:53 AM
Boostaholic

Not so Tom. Theirz a wealth of knowledge here just catching our collective breath and taking naps. I'm still looking for the source for those clips for that rail beneath the back glass so I can enlighten John. I don't loose sources where I find stuff for ANY of my toyz. My file cabinet iz just too stuffed to put my hand on that receipt rite now, Jer
post #492 of 561 Old 03-23-2019, 10:13 AM
Boostaholic

Garage

Thank you guys!

So what about the "Jack Instruction Labels"? With the 2 tabs: does this hinge the carpet panel to access the labels? I'm trying to figure this out. Why would Chrysler cover up the labels? Of course we have asked many time why Chrysler did a lot of things! LOL

Have corresponded with Wes. He's still debating whether to make the clips with his 3D printer. He needs the clips also so hopefully he'll decide to do it...
post #493 of 561 Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 PM
Boostaholic

Based on your pic John I'd say that those instructions were right where your picture shows them to be, under that carpeted cover on the bulkhead below the back glass. My Scamp never had them glued on there. I stripped the trucklet when I changed the color, NONE THERE BEFORE THE RE-SHOOT? Jer ... Still looking for that clip receipt?
post #494 of 561 Old 03-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Boostaholic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
Based on your pic John I'd say that those instructions were right where your picture shows them to be, under that carpeted cover on the bulkhead below the back glass. My Scamp never had them glued on there. I stripped the trucklet when I changed the color, NONE THERE BEFORE THE RE-SHOOT? Jer ... Still looking for that clip receipt?
So you didn't have any labels? Maybe they were removed sometime in the past before you got your Scamp. Seems all cars have them in one place or another. Maybe another owner will chime in???
post #495 of 561 Old 03-24-2019, 05:38 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1982 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.4 SRT-4
Induct: Turbo

In the "82 I have the carpet is stationary and as far as I can tell it didn't have the jack instruction labels, but it was not treated very well by previous persons. They have been removed.

Didn't I see somewhere in a past post someone claimed that there was a ford clip that would work on trim under rear glass?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page