Official Rampage/Scamp Thread - Page 34 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Exterior Restoration, or topics about the exterior

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #496 of 545 Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Boostaholic

My Ride: Scamp GT
1/4: 0.000

Re: Official Rampage/Scamp Thread

Not this one I think John. With the help of a friend I Intercepted this one as it came into a wrecking Yard in Helena, Mt. on a rollback to be scrapped. My friend was in that yard when it came thru' the gate. Got the original Montana title that waz dated 10/82. that the owner had just signed off in July of 2003. I won't bore you with the whole story but I had it delivered to our home in Chelsea, Mi. 5 weeks later and drove it off the haul trailer, Jer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #497 of 545 Old 03-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 83 Rampage Base Carb
Engine: 2.2

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
Not this one I think John. With the help of a friend I Intercepted this one as it came into a wrecking Yard in Helena, Mt. on a rollback to be scrapped. My friend was in that yard when it came thru' the gate. Got the original Montana title that waz dated 10/82. that the owner had just signed off in July of 2003. I won't bore you with the whole story but I had it delivered to our home in Chelsea, Mi. 5 weeks later and drove it off the haul trailer, Jer
Well the mystery continues. Perhaps the decals weren't a required item on vehicles. Maybe Chrysler had a "dress-up package" option for the back that included the carpet & tray so no decals to waste money. I did notice that the bottom brackets for the tray have no holes drilled for the tray's mounting screws.

Ha! I've got a rare Rampage! Only one with jack instruction decals!
post #498 of 545 Old 03-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Boostaholic

I think you just answered your own question John. I'm sure you can figure out where to bore the holes in the mounting tray brackets if the holes are already in the tray? You have one of 40,000+ 'Page's, plus another 4,100 Scamps? Damn, you won't even wanna talk to us regular folks, lol. I'm still hunting for my receipt for the new molding clips to mount the plate under the back glass. 7 of 'um if I remember rite? Jer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #499 of 545 Old 03-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarneycars View Post
I think you just answered your own question John. I'm sure you can figure out where to bore the holes in the mounting tray brackets if the holes are already in the tray? You have one of 40,000+ 'Page's, plus another 4,100 Scamps? Damn, you won't even wanna talk to us regular folks, lol. I'm still hunting for my receipt for the new molding clips to mount the plate under the back glass. 7 of 'um if I remember rite? Jer
Yes, there's 7 of those clips needed. Look like little aliens with antennas! LOL

Now I need help to make a decision: should I put in carpet on the panel or leave the carpet off to show off my decals???
post #500 of 545 Old 04-03-2019, 07:25 AM
TD New Guy

Hello, I am not the most car savvy, and I think my egr valve is clogged, I know I need to remove it, and clean it, but I can't find it. Where is it located within the engine bay of the 1983 dodge rampage? Just point me in the general direction, and I'll be fine, I hope to learn more about cars by working on this one, so any direction will help, don't want to take off the wrong thing.
post #501 of 545 Old 04-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTurtleyOne View Post
Hello, I am not the most car savvy, and I think my egr valve is clogged, I know I need to remove it, and clean it, but I can't find it. Where is it located within the engine bay of the 1983 dodge rampage? Just point me in the general direction, and I'll be fine, I hope to learn more about cars by working on this one, so any direction will help, don't want to take off the wrong thing.
Welcome to TurboDodge!

The EGR valve is on the exhaust manifold. On the driver's side of the engine bay look underneath the carb which sits on the intake manifold which is over the exhaust manifold. Put plenty of penetrant on the nuts because they're probably rusted on good. Let it soak and soak then carefully try to remove them without breaking the studs. Be patient! You might want to soak them overnight...

Invest in some Service Manuals:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-DODGE-...UAAOSwhlZYslMI

Also there is a Parts Catalog you can download here:
http://www.glmwpg.com/ServiceManuals/83p.PDF

Any issues or problems just let us know.

Good luck!
post #502 of 545 Old 04-03-2019, 03:49 PM
TD New Guy

Thank you so much! I'll let you know if it works and give more of a history of my rampage after I fix it.
post #503 of 545 Old 04-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Thank you so much! I'll let you know if it works and give more of a history of my rampage after I fix it.
We're here to help!

Post some pics when you can...

One question that you can help me with: Does your Rampage have carpet on the panel under the back window? If it doesn't, does it have the jack instructions labels? If you look at some of the previous posts you'll see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Good luck with those rusty nuts & bolts!
post #504 of 545 Old 04-04-2019, 03:47 PM
TD New Guy

Didn't see any jacking instructions, the previous owner installed huge speakers and a nylon parts holder thing, but there is still carpet underneath it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5003.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	253611  
post #505 of 545 Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Didn't see any jacking instructions, the previous owner installed huge speakers and a nylon parts holder thing, but there is still carpet underneath it.
Ok, thanks!
Thought that I'd ask...
Hope that EGR valve is coming along.
Take care!
post #506 of 545 Old 04-05-2019, 12:10 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1986 GLH TII

Quote:
Originally Posted by John83Rampage View Post
There in Ft Worth? They've done tons of construction around there and are still at it. You wouldn't know which way is where now!

Hey, anyone know where to get the clips for the black metal trim that goes outside below the back window? A fellow member sold me the trim piece but I'm needing those clips...
Thanks for any info!
I bought some rear window moulding clips from Altha Fastener back in 2012 for my '84 DC Rampage, the part number is: cp554582, and they are called "82-on Chrysler back panel moulding clip" they were $1.28 each then. I did a quick look on their site, but I couldn't find them, but at least you have a P/N to search...hope this helps.

Chuck
post #507 of 545 Old 04-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucksterGLHT View Post
I bought some rear window moulding clips from Altha Fastener back in 2012 for my '84 DC Rampage, the part number is: cp554582, and they are called "82-on Chrysler back panel moulding clip" they were $1.28 each then. I did a quick look on their site, but I couldn't find them, but at least you have a P/N to search...hope this helps.

Chuck
Bigbarneycars gave me the name of that Vendor and gave them a call. Unfortunately they're all out of the clips. The guy called someone else he knew and still no luck.

Thanks for the part number! It'll give me more info for a search.

Take care!
post #508 of 545 Old 04-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Boostaholic

'Mornin' All youz 'Lil Trucklet Junkies. FYI for the New Guy TheTurtleyOne. Mother Mopar made a running change on the '83 'Pages/Scamps on the 25th of January 1983 to the HOOD,FENDER, A-PILLER JUNCTION of those 3 parts. If you ever need fender replacements for your '83 you'll need the build date of your Trucklet before you go shopping. BEFORE'S + AFTERS WILL NOT INTERCHANGE. Take your vin # to any Mopar Dealership and have them punch you # into their computer to get your build date. They call me Jer on the internet TTO, 1st names are allowed, and John you've met. Happy Trails Y'all, Jer
post #509 of 545 Old 04-05-2019, 10:59 AM
TD Hardcore User!

I just checked my 84 and it has a jacking instruction label.

Thanks
Randy
post #510 of 545 Old 04-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Garrett Booster

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glhs60 View Post
I just checked my 84 and it has a jacking instruction label.

Thanks
Randy
Ah ha!
Welcome to the club!
Does your 84 have the carpet on the panel???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in