Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Official Rampage/Scamp Thread

120K views 605 replies 83 participants last post by  46066 
#1 ·
I've looked and searched and I didn't see one so let's make a official dodge rampage thread.

I love those little trucks

#2 ·
count me in - I have owned this daily driven work truck for over 20 years . Major collector of anything Rampage/Scamp. Fully custom,Targa top,shaved handles w door poppers , S/S bed cover w hydro lift, full leather interior .power windows.heated seats .custom tail lights and bumper,GPS Sat,blue tooth,Ipod dock ,custom center con.HD lamps and much more 277,000 miles and counting. I have had 3 others .Lets keep it going .

Attachments

#3 ·
Make it the official Rampage/Scamp thread, and I'm in. Need to get some pictures of mine to post. It will be more of a before picture, as mine is about to go in the shop for body & paint work. Doesn't look like much now, but it will be sweet when done.

#5 ·
Then their are those amongst us that don't have the 'Puter smartz to post pix, and too old to change:bang head How you doin' Ron? Looks like you servived Sandy and the winter:thumb: I'm still messin' with under hood wiring on the Lil' Scamp:bang head:bang head Batwagon has been in Reading, Pa. for 7 months now. Hoping to fly in and praying get it back for Carlisle. Got your reservations yet? Hi-ho every body, I'm Jer

#8 ·
My rampage had fresh paint (2010 Viper PDR code) in Feb 2010. 2.5 TII, JE's, ARP, Steve Megegon big valve ported G-head, TU trannybuster E style w/3" sw, TU Header, +40's, etc.

With house work, life and othe projects getting in the way, I'm struggling to finish it before Carlisle this year. before and during shot.

Attachments

#13 ·
Here are some pics of the rear bumper mod I did. I always like the 80s El Camino bumper better than the plain cheap one our cars came with. It was a 2 part project, 1st to remove the old lights and fill in the blanks . Then I had to cut 11 inches from the middle of the new bumper and welt it back together - as you can see I put a 1 inch hitch receiver in as well . I was able to use the original wire harness and bumper mounts so all in all great little project that I am very happy with . Let me know if you think it was worth the effert or a waste of time .

Attachments

#14 ·
OK, so there are several of us working on these trucks right now. Anybody found a source for the plastic trim clips for the black molding under the rear window? Last time I managed to save them, but this time, well... 30 years hasn't been kind to them. I shouldn't have any issue get clips that will work for the upper trim, in fact last time I found some GM(gasp!) clips that were perfect.

#15 ·
#16 · (Edited)
Here is a little project i did on the front amber marker/blinker lights. I never liked the way the amber lens looked in the bumper. No one ever sees them ,but they still bothered me. After removing them I cut the lens off and cleaned the edge up on a belt sander, then made a exact replacemment out of clear lexan ( 2 6X9 pieces from Home Depot - about $5 each) I even painted the shaded area like the originals and used clear 100% silicone adhesive to reattach them. I replaced the old bulbs with new amber LEDs and reinstalled the lamps, Done . Still - no one ever notices them, but I like em. You decide for yourself.

Attachments

#24 ·
Below the reply box, click the "Go Advanced" button, that will take you to the deluxe reply mode. Below that reply box, there's a spot to attach files to your post. You can attach the pictures.

#27 ·
Way special hood ornament yeah got there Una:thumb:. I'd keep the transmission in park tho'. We should talk about your routing of the exhaust. How happy are you with that just below your left ear? I did it on my '61 Long Roof T&C sans 440+cross rams and I'm not sure I would do in again. The original AM, +AM,FM,CD,CASSETTE in the glove box + a satellite radio in the ash tray and all three are completly worthless when I'm runnin':bang head Great tunes when I'm sittin' but I'd need a whole bank of batterys to make sure I could crank it to again:brows:

#28 ·
I thought about doing the same with mine years ago when I rebuilt everything. I had the same reservations you do. Glad I found a local guy to bend up a custom 2 1/2" system all the way back. I started with just a glass packed muffler behind the header and pipe all the way back. After I rattled all the windows downtown doing a 6500 rpm power shift, I figured I'd better quiet it down before I got the cops all excited.:tsktsk-tisk: I ended up adding a Summit turbo muffler in the stock location, and that made it much better, even though it still growls.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.