Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Turbo II radiator wanted

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  detobias 
#1 ·
I have searched for one of these without success. The radiator sits next to the intercooler and has a ~12" width core and an overall width of ~15.5". If I could get one of these it would solve alot of problems, or if someone knows a way to bypass and remove the intercooler so I could use the more common 18.5" width radiator I would appreciate the advice. Suggestions welcome. Thank you.

#4 ·
The radiator is for a 1985 Shelby Charger With a Turbo II conversion. The Turbo II setup was used sporadically throughout the eighties and into the nineties in cars such as the GLHS, Turbo Lancer, Turbo Shadow and Turbo Sundance. I am not picky about the source, I only care that it fits.

Also, thank you for the suggestion. I have messaged Phil and hopefully we will work something out. Thanks.

#5 ·
Thank you all for the help so far, this site is an excellent resource. It looks like I will be moving forward with a Turbo II Daytona Radiator for now. I will eventually want the radiator that has the heater input on the driver's side. Massachusetts can get a little chilly... I will continue my search and welcome your thoughts. Thanks again, Tony.

#8 ·
better plan than the dinky rad for the intercooled cars is to check the condition on your existing charger rad and if good ..KEEP it

it's THE better rad .. larger is better than thicker .. by far

EDIT sounds like maybe you don't have the o-e shelby charger rad ?

get a front mount intercooler .. spend your money on something new not old and crusty

cxracing make the 25x16x3.5 for 5.o mustang

$250 from CXRACING .. 350-400 on ebay (same part)

if you find it for 100 bucks less check - it's going to be 25x13x3.5 not 25x16x3.5

same side inlet
vertical flow

either the original shelby charger rad or a rad from a log turbo 84-86 daytona would do better than any TII rad

the daytona rad would again be larger than the charger one but if you're already modded to fit a daytona TII rad and intercooler it will fit the same area and those modded mounts

Attachments

#9 ·
I have an L-body with a TII conversion ..

the stock "TII" setup is a bunch of compromises ..
the IC is too small
AND
the radiator is too small !

I suggest -
converting to a FMIC (better flow and better charge cooling than stock)
and that frees up space for either a "HD" L-body rad
or with some fab you can fit a daytona/shadow/K-car rad in there

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.