Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

-   Parts For Sale (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f28/)
-   -   RWD Conversion / 91 Dakota parts MI/WI/MN (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f28/1176090-rwd-conversion-91-dakota-parts-mi.html)

detobias 04-02-2017 07:32 AM

RWD Conversion / 91 Dakota parts MI/WI/MN

Cleaning out the garage, here's your "RWD conversion" kit:

Parts were removed By me from my old 91 2.5 dakota and stored inside my garage since removal.

1) Bare Block (common block)
2) Bellhousing/5-speed transmission
3) Exhaust manifold

$150/all 3

Cheap/free delivery possible in MI/WI/MN depending on your location and timetable.

I'll work on getting some pix uploaded here...

detobias 04-02-2017 04:41 PM

Re: RWD Conversion / 91 Dakota parts MI/WI/MN

5 Attachment(s)
block pic shows the RWD specific mounting bosses

lostintroy 04-02-2017 11:40 PM

I'm in western WI. I have some time to wait. I will take it. Message me and we can work out the details.

detobias 08-31-2017 03:07 PM

ttt

daytonaracer 09-04-2017 08:12 AM

Good luck with sale wish I was closer (In upstate NY) always wanted to do a RWD swap but too many other want to do too!!

detobias 09-04-2017 04:18 PM

I'll prolly scrap the block and exh mani soon since I'm moving..
guess I'm storing the trans in the new garage - and not having a spare CB

detobias 08-14-2019 06:17 AM

last chance on this block and trans or will be going to scrap yard

(I think I already scrapped the EM)

detobias 08-14-2019 04:14 PM

found the exh mani ..

make an offer ! otherwise ..
this stuff is going to scrap

detobias 09-12-2019 12:57 PM

make an offer !! cookies ? beer ? both !?

Dr. Johny Dodge 09-13-2019 08:45 AM

if I recall correctly there were two different bellhousings used ???
maybe depending on the trans ?

again IF I remember correctly one bellhousing is needed to use the supra or colorado transmissions - but I have no clue which one..

I'd have to say if you're going to scrap stuff at least save the bellhousing - it's the one part that IS hard to find - and the shipping won't be the deal killer the trans would be

I wish I could say I'd be interested in just "collecting" the B-H but not right at this moment .. sorry

but at least you could use it as a basket for storing other other things in the meantime..

though if you want to start the ultimate TD build , all you need now is the factory five cobra daytona kit and an R/T motor with two shelby valve covers
lol -take THAT to the next ford show ....

detobias 09-14-2019 08:04 AM

yes I'll prolly scavenge the bellhousing afore I scrap the rest

turismolover22 09-17-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge (Post 4514795)
if I recall correctly there were two different bellhousings used ???
maybe depending on the trans ?

again IF I remember correctly one bellhousing is needed to use the supra or colorado transmissions - but I have no clue which one..

I'd have to say if you're going to scrap stuff at least save the bellhousing - it's the one part that IS hard to find - and the shipping won't be the deal killer the trans would be

I wish I could say I'd be interested in just "collecting" the B-H but not right at this moment .. sorry

but at least you could use it as a basket for storing other other things in the meantime..

though if you want to start the ultimate TD build , all you need now is the factory five cobra daytona kit and an R/T motor with two shelby valve covers
lol -take THAT to the next ford show ....

You are correct! The NP535 (which is what he has now) used a "Borg Warner" type 4 bolt bell housing pattern. They are close, but do not match up.

The later year trans, The NV (New Venture) 5 spd equivalent uses the Aisin-Warner inherited rear ball/trans mount pattern. This works with a lot of trans, from the Jeep to the Supra (R154 series family) and the Solstice/Sky Colorado/Canyon MA5.