Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

-   Parts Wanted (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   H-Body (Lancer/GTS) Window part needed (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f29/1253029-h-body-lancer-gts-window-part.html)

carguyray 07-18-2019 11:48 PM

H-Body (Lancer/GTS) Window part needed

So while I was learning all about repairing the "window tape" plastic window lifts, I see there's a "roller" part that clips onto the plastic. Problem is that my roller is quite worn and when it's in place in the plastic it kind of flops around and causes the window to slip off the roller and fall.

I'm hoping someone has found a suitable replacement for these, or even knows what the heck to call them to search more places.

Thanks for the help, I assume I'm going to need 2 on my Shelby Lancer since it's barely working (windows) and may as well get 4 from the start if I can.
Ray

NAJ 07-19-2019 09:30 AM

Re: H-Body (Lancer/GTS) Window part needed

3 Attachment(s)
Welcome To TD!!!

First, I am moving your thread to the "Parts Wanted" section.

Next...
According to the Chrysler Parts Catalog it does not appear that any part of the window regulator is serviceable other than the flex rack itself, it seems you would need to replace the regulator itself.

Here are some pics of the flex drive regulator, can you pint out where this roller is located?
Could you also post a pic so we know exactly what you need?

Here is a link for the Chrysler Parts Catalog if you would like to look.
Pick your year, go to Group 23C Body - Doors And Related Parts.

https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4...-pdf-82-a.html

Attachment 254797

Attachment 254799

Attachment 254801

carguyray 07-19-2019 11:43 AM

That last sheet is FANTASTIC info and I hope others who are trying to do this can locate that on here in the future. I only had the shop manl. info and it was SORELY lacking in my opinion. I wish I had this write up, it answers a LOT of missing answers in the book.

So, I'm not sure if this will make sense before I submit pictures (I'll try to get to them this Sunday when I'm off again) but the part I'm looking for isn't included or shown in ANY of the diagrams involved. In fact, I sat and scratched my head for quite a while trying to figure out how this could possibly work. I then decided to feel around in the bottom or the door and found this "roller" that had fallen off (as it will continue to do if I can't replace it)

In step 7 the "knuckle" on the end of the flex track is the part this roller will fit into. IF there was a step 8 it would talk about how to fit the roller into the knuckle.

Also, anyone parting out a Lancer/GTS, PLEASE let me know as I'm sure there's other parts I'll need for both of my cars. I'll go ahead and post another listing for a couple things I know I need.

I hope this helps someone else, and if you're doing this fix, and still have questions after reading the GREAT doc (#3 above) feel free to drop me a line, I've learned a LOT! :)
Ray

GLHNSLHT2 07-19-2019 04:17 PM

The 88 Lancer Shelby I'm getting rid of eats those stupid plastic things. They'd last anywhere from a week to a couple months. My Shelby Lancer seems to be ok though. I apply liberal amounts of valvoline synthetic wheel bearing grease to the trans and rails so that everything moves as easy as possible.

NAJ 07-20-2019 07:28 AM

Document #3 is the instruction sheet that came with the Replacement Mopar Flex Drive.

Have you looked in the parts catalog (See Post #3) yet to see if the part you need is shown?

For whatever parts you need just open a thread in the "Parts Wanted" section.

carguyray 07-20-2019 12:33 PM

Interesting re. doc #3. I've bought 6 of the flex drives and none had the doc included. I'm sure that's because they weren't OEM MOPAR parts as so many cars use the same tape, but since the shop manual is SORELY lacking in this area I'm glad it's now out there for others. I've looked for info like that on/off over the past few years and have posted to other sites as well.

I have been digging through the parts catalog (GREAT find, THANK YOU), and I THINK it's PART # 4365 679, but the diagram isn't exactly what I'm finding on the car so it's still a bit confusing. I'm going to get into the door again tomorrow and see.

Also, NAJ moved the post the first day and that's where I"m finding it now.

Thanks.

NAJ 07-23-2019 08:03 AM

Mopar #4365679 is a "Door Glass to Lift Attaching Package".

Part is available here...
https://www.rearcounter.com/4365679-parts1008522.html

and here are pics of that part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Mopar-G...MAAOSw5S9blEQ0

carguyray 07-23-2019 11:13 AM

Thank you so much for that, I saw the one on Ebay and thought it was strange it was 2 pieces even though it showed that in the picture. I don't see how that would be the same as the OEM piece. (I tried to attach a pic in here but it's not working for me).

I SINCERELY appreciate the help above! It's given me new hope for getting these 2 rare toys back up and drivable!