Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

-   Turbo Dodge Help (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Looking for a good TD mechanic in Western Pa. (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f14/1242898-looking-good-td-mechanic-western-pa.html)

89BaronGTC 03-22-2018 08:30 AM

Looking for a good TD mechanic in Western Pa.

Iím wondering if anyone knows of a good TD mechanic in the Western Pennsylvania area (around Pittsburgh). I plan to do and have done some basic maintenance on my í89 LeBaron GTC convertible Turbo II with 5-speed, but I would like to find a mechanic in this area that understands these cars, knows what needs to be done (and doesn't) and can get the most out of them. I would like to keep my car for the long-haul, so everything doesnít need to be done right away. I just want to make sure I know a mechanic is targeting the right things to make it run as it should, considering itís a 30-year-old car. Any help would be much appreciated.

https://media.fotki.com/2v2uAHugNx9jnnR.jpg

89BaronGTC 08-13-2019 07:08 AM

Re: Looking for a good TD mechanic in Western Pa.

Thought I'd ask this again. Anyone have any thoughts about a turbo Mopar mechanic in the Pittsburgh area? I thought I found someone, but while their skills were fine, dependability & communication were/are awful. Need to try to find someone else, preferably in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh. Anyone? Thanks!

NAJ 08-13-2019 08:56 AM

I do not know anybody, try posting in the "Regional Forums".

You will probably need to locate an old Mopar Tech but they are probably all retired like me.

Do you have questions/concerns or is there anything you need assistance with at this moment that we may be able to help with?

89BaronGTC 08-13-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAJ (Post 4512767)
I do not know anybody, try posting in the "Regional Forums".

You will probably need to locate an old Mopar Tech but they are probably all retired like me.

Do you have questions/concerns or is there anything you need assistance with at this moment that we may be able to help with?

Thanks for the offer! I have never really been a DIY mechanic, and I really want to have someone to take the car to for the big stuff. Right now, I need to have the turbo lines replaced. I managed to get the coolant leak stopped and pick up new lines from TU, but I need someone knowledgeable to put them on. Someone who has done it before would know the best way to access the connections (likely with the car on a lift) without taking half the engine apart. When I was stranded by the roadside, it would be nice to have had a place to tow it to. That's what I'm looking for.

NAJ 08-13-2019 09:50 AM

Good Luck In Your Search!!! :fingersx:

89BaronGTC 08-13-2019 09:52 AM

Thanks! As you can see from my original post, I have been searching for a long time with almost no luck. So, I could use a little of that!!!