Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 srt4 with a certificate of destruction title from flordia.i also have an 04 neon auto that good with title.the srt4 is complete.i understand the swap will be big but is there something different about the cars i'm not aware of or will everything bolt up with minimal fab work.i dont mind the amount of work involed but need to know am i missing something big thats going to be a problem.

thanks

Brian

·
Banned
355 Posts
the only thing i can think of is front intercooler to radiator support mounting.

all suspension , engine mounts and wire harness mounting points r the same.
you will have to change pedal assy but with the dash out its easy. and they provide a knock out for the clutch master cylinder. if you plan on swapping the a/c just disconnect from the expansion valve and make sure to the Srt condenser.

does the 04 have abs? reason i ask is if you want abs (stock on srt) and the 04 doesn't you will need all metal brake lines as they are different from non-abs to abs cars.
Good luck and have fun.
Skip

·
Registered
230 Posts
front k-member is different, control arms are heavier, steering rack is different/shorter. Only the main harness from under dash forward needs to be changed, dash and body harness in an 04 are the same as the srt-4. Use the srt brakes and lines, but keep the neon's cannister and master cylinder. Also use the srt steering column, so the sentry system matches the srt's pcm or the car will not run. There are alot of parts that appear to be the same, but are very different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car was totaled in flordia.body wise the car could have been fixed with 2 doors front fender and roof repair,but the insurance totaled it anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope you can do nothing with it.tried to get salavage title in more than one state but cant do anything with it.so it will be a good donor car for this project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts