Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im sorta new to this, um, what should i be looking for when wanting to get a turbo for my car, like, how much psi can a neon handle, what can i do to make it handle more, lets just say i have a s**t load of money, what would you guys do to a 04 Neon r/t?? thank you

·
Registered
898 Posts
well, if you have a shitload of money, find an SRT4 motor and trans and swap those in there, not sure what will have to be done with electronics, but it shouldnt be a whole lot. your motor wasnt designed to have boost due to higher compression, but can take some, maybe 6-8psi intercooled boost, idk what the comp ratio is. but find an srt motor trans, then if you want more, check out....

Forward Motion - Specializing in front wheel drive dodge performance parts - SRT4, Turbo, Mopar, Plymouth, GLH, GLHS, Omni, Daytona, Shadow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, yea thats what i thought, make a regualar neon faster than a srt 4, can i boost the shit out of a srt4??

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I believe the motor is good up to 350-400hp before you need to start building up the motor to be stronger.

·
Registered
301 Posts
honestly dude, if this is hypothetical and you have "a shitload of money" just sell the R/T and buy an SRT-4 or something else that you like better. That said, I looked into a HRC kit on my 04 R/T and it turned out for less money I could do an SRT-4 swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i wanna fool people ya kno? like, have a WRX pull up next to me and be like, "oh, its just a reg. neon" and kick the shit outta him. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my dad just made a point, should i just buy and srt 4 and take the wing and hood off and rims?? would that be cheaper??

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
my dad just made a point, should i just buy and srt 4 and take the wing and hood off and rims?? would that be cheaper??
In the end, YES, I think the 03+ had LSD installed factory which is a great plus.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Swap the R/T insurance will be cheaper! Oh wait, youve got money! Its me thats broke!

I actually have an '04 R/T too. What color is yours? Check out 2GN.org! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
898 Posts
THERE YOU GO! i would suggest that, yeah take off all the srt4 stuff, and the front end, get the r/t front, and what ever else the r/t has. this shouldnt be about "how do i make my r/t fast like a srt4", it should be "how can i make my srt4 look like an r/t"----oh the sleepyness!!!!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Damn, the 2004 R/T is the rarest R/T because everyone bought SRT-4's instead after 03. I'd hate to even see it modified, but that's just me.

As far as the sleeper thing, swap the bumpers and spoiler off of an SXT/base model. Much easier, and it's much more reliable because nothing in the powertrain had to be swapped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts