Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 04 pt cruiser with a warped head and my local wrecking yard printed off a interchange list for years and makes and it is only saying 04 and 05 cylinder heads does anybody know the differences on earlier or older gen pt cruisers or the 2.4 non turbo if they will work and if they need modifications? thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but that's about all I got out of the site was that 04-09 is interchangeable and the cams and bearing journals had pretty bad scoring and the head was warped in the center length wise in between the cylinders and at the worst point was about 3/32" gap and we are on a tight budget so just ended up getting a used head with cams already in it with a 30 day warranty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Shelby91,

Are you sure the bottom end is decent enough to bolt a good head on it after that much heat? Sometimes it's better to swap the whole assembly.

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car only has 127,000 miles or we would have just replaced the whole engine but this was more work lol but a lot cheaper

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
The basic difference is only if or if not you have EGR. Most non-federal/California cars do not have EGR, and the EGR port is blocked off. If your car does not have EGR, you just need to locate a non-EGR head. Sticking with the same year is of course a safety factor, but the heads are the same with very few exceptions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts