Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 dodge daytona shelby z. Forged crank, JE pistons, 475 cam (forward motion) t4/t3 hybrid turbo, 53 lb/h injectors, 3bar map sensor, super60 comp set to the 13psi setting.

Stock exhaust, intercooler, and head (minus the cam)

this may sound like a rediculouse question, but what is a reasonable 1/4 mile time for this car to run?

For some reason car feels slow but i know that according to car and driver the stock 1/4 mile time was 15.7, and i am jsut hoping to have at least a 14.9 car.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It maybe actually be slower than stock. Running a bigger turbo, which will have more lag, at just a little more than stock boost, through STOCK exhaust and intercooler. You could get buy with the intercooler, but the exhaust is a big cork in the system. Also with your setup(except the exhaust), is there any reason you only running 13psi? I say put a good 3inch exhaust on it and get it up to about 18psi and see how much more fune it is!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
My daytona ran 15.1 stock with 210,000 miles on it and a 2.2 60 ft time so car and driver is not very credible with there testing.
You gotta ditch that exhaust or your gonna be down about 50-100 hp at least

·
Banned
443 Posts
Stock cam is better than the fm475, IMHO. Slider cams suck, rollers FTW!

Stock intercooler is good up until 13's, so you're OK there. But the stock exhaust has got to go, 2.5'' minimum system with 3'' preferably with make your car feel like night and day. Turbo spoolup will be WAY increased, top end HP will be way better as well.
With exhaust and make it about 16 PSI or so, you should be capable of 14.0 or so possibly even 13's if you are a really good driver and have some slicks cutting about a 2.0 or less 60ft time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts