Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ran a new personal best last Friday,but we don't have a 1/4 mile track here.
Anyone know an accurate conversion?
9.021 and a 9.067 in the 1/8 mile.
No MPH listed, their computers were malfunctioning that night.:bash: Two weeks ago I couldn't do better than a 9.44 @ 80mph.
Thanks for any help in advance...
Garrett
Oh yes, this is for the mini, not the Shadow.

· Registered
404 Posts
If I remember right, ROUGHLY 1.546

I did this on my neon back yonder and was very accurate. In fact... lets test this...

My best time in it was...
9.158 1/8
14.255 1/4

divide 1/4 by 1/8 = 1.556... something like that. So times that to a 1/8 to get a rough 1/4 mile.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
It is different car to car. I found that out. The two conversions listed will get you a rough estimate, btu the only true way is to run your car at both types of tracks and find an average for the conversion and use that...

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure there are a lot of variables. I was just hoping to get a ballpark guess. A long time ago my Shadow ran an 8.87 1/8 which translates to about a 13.9 in the quarter, but it ran a 13.5 on that run. The van is a 5-spd. And aerodynamics would probably make a big difference. Thanks to all for the input!:thumb:

· Registered
707 Posts
For cars that hook, I found the table to be a pretty good estimate. My Syclone runs 8.6-8.7 in the 1/8th and 13.5-13.6 in the quarter. I'm a tenth or two off on the quarter mostly because my truck pulls timing bad up top (a recurring phantom knock issue I am fighting).

For cars that are "traction challenged" such as my former Spirit R/T, 8.8-8.9 second 1/8ths netted 13.3's in the quarter. To jibe with that chart, I'd need 8.50s in the 1/8th. But with wheel spin to 65mph (a better part of the first 330'), I couldn't cut those times to save my life on street tires. Then again, if I did cut 'em, I'd have been 13 flat in the quarter. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.