Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not going to tell you my ET,I just want to know the potential of a car that does 100mph in the 1/4. I know theres ALOT of factors...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
according to how good your launch was. good launch would land you in the mid to high 13's for sure.

87DANCEonYOU said:
Im not going to tell you my ET,I just want to know the potential of a car that does 100mph in the 1/4. I know theres ALOT of factors...

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
thats also because you guys are in better elevation. out there the srt-4's run mid to low 14's stock but in vegas it drops to high 13's to low 14's... so thats a factor as well

·
Registered
920 Posts
utah_pure said:
thats also because you guys are in better elevation. out there the srt-4's run mid to low 14's stock but in vegas it drops to high 13's to low 14's... so thats a factor as well
Denver: Bandimere Speedway track elevation 5800ft

13.40 @ 104mph

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
thats not best way to get good launch unless maybe you got slicks. but i dunno i never used them. my car ran [email protected] with 2.3 60 foot. best way i found was. give it to about 3K slip the clutch out and not dump it. dont slip to much cause thats the best way to burn a clutch. and boom nail it when your rolling. short shift first and wind out second if you got traction. let third and 4th do most of the work. thats just me and my driving style though. lol this is the fastest car i ever had so i dunno about the higher horsepower combos and how they launch.

87DANCEonYOU said:
You guys taking it to 5000rpm and droping it...(assuming you have a 5spd)????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XxhorizonxX said:
thats not best way to get good launch unless maybe you got slicks. but i dunno i never used them. my car ran [email protected] with 2.3 60 foot. best way i found was. give it to about 3K slip the clutch out and not dump it. dont slip to much cause thats the best way to burn a clutch. and boom nail it when your rolling. short shift first and wind out second if you got traction. let third and 4th do most of the work. thats just me and my driving style though. lol this is the fastest car i ever had so i dunno about the higher horsepower combos and how they launch.

yeh i should of stated i am using 22" slicks and 5 spd.....

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
87DANCEonYOU said:
Most important factor being auto or stick, have to have that
to even guess. Have run low 14's at 100 with a stick and "just"
snuck in a 12.989 with an auto, pure street trim/tires mind you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My best run last week was 14.13 @ 103.2MPH before the slicks tho. 2.4- 2.5 60' don't help much either. LOTS of wheel spin leaving the tree.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts