Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had good power but the lower hose was leaking and I could only get 10 psi of boost I went through and resealed all hoses. After goning over all of the hoses I had full boost but not full power. One thing I am starting to expect being the problem is the hose I am using for the upper intercooler hose. It is an old radiator hose and it is narrow and not straight. I think the hose diameter where it turn is only about 1 1/2 inch verses the original intercooler hose being about 2 1/4 in diameter. Unfortunately I can't find an original intercooler hose. Is it possible to have full boost but less volume? I am sure this would create less horsepower.
Can I have less volume but still full boost psi?

·
Administrator
24,989 Posts
Boost is measured in the manifold on our cars.
If you were unable to get air into or out of the engine you would not be able to build boost or rpm.
You will probably find that your issue is with engine basics, fuel or ignition/spark curves.
15 lbs of boost?, what cal are you running and what mods?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
to add if you have 15 PSI at the TB it may not have it at the valve, a reason we build plenums. But in this case if you have a leak, the exhaust pressure sky rockets. So you may double the exhaust back pressure to get the same boost. Killing power and it'll kill the turbo bearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts