Over the past couple days my kid helped rebuild the front struts. I cheaped out and went with the FCA brand via China.
We cut one bottom coil out of the spring.
Not sure how it will work but the springs are cheap enough if I have to buy another set. (obviously doesn't seat as well as a stock spring, thought about using the torch at work to bend the bottom coil to match the perch)
Got the 92 k frame all welded up, added Johnny's bobble strut mount. Mounted the original
I'm pretty sure the guys that welded up these k frames at the factory were drunk, couldn't see, and had a kindergarten education.
We also put Johnny's poly bushings in the control arms but 1 of the large set just doesn't work, I assume the control arm was just too rusted out in the bushing hole. So as a stop gap I'm just going to get some shim material from work whether brass or stainless and put that inside the hole then hammer the bushings in.
Had to grind down the sway bar bushings that Johnny sent to match the bottom straps. He didn't have any to run the 1.250 bar in the later k frame. I just used the bench grinder to make them fit the straps. Should work great.
Painted the new 11" calipers red.
Next is to pull the engine, pull the rear brakes (have rebuild boots for the original 87 rear discs as I can't find the larger drum in hat brakes around me)
Contemplating whether we need to jump up to the 1" master or stay with the 7/8" for the front size.
Also have to replace all the brake lines to the front for sure. I think the rear was already replaced with a Nicopp line. The fuel lines near the filter are questionable then to the tank all the rubber needs to be replaced.
I'm also getting ready to build a full 8 pt roll cage for my Scout II so progress might halt on the Tona til it gets warmer.