Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this correct? i have autometer guage for my oil, and when warming up its around 65psi. when hot its around 15psi. when driving it goes up to 50psi, well certain rpms and all, but it does climb with rpms. i just got my s70 turbo on, and full 3in exhaust/SV, and stainless oil/water lines. im running mobil 1 full synthetic 10w/30, is this too light of oil? or is 15psi warm ok? it just seems like thats low. but i seen on here chrysler calls for no less than 4psi. am i ok? or.... not?

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
15 psi seems low for idle. I see 30 psi at idle when warm. Sounds like maybe the oil pump is crapping out on you. When the rpms climb you are making it spin faster so it will rise. But i would suggest checking forsure your gauge is correct and if it is change that pump

· Registered
3,910 Posts
eh, idk, i just got of the phone with 86shelby, he said 15psi hot at idle is fine. any more?
I wouldn't get too hung up on pressure readings ... as long as you're seeing an increase in pressure with increased RPM's. Bearing clearances might be less than optimal but by no means so far open to be causing any issues.

I use 5w30 regular dino oil and will see 25-30lbs at hot idle normally.

· Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, after a little more searching on here i seen that chrystler spec is 4psi at idle, so i think im doing good. now the only differences i would see is maybe going to a different oil.

as a side note---3in SV+full 3in to the bumper=LOUD OMNI!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.